First Credit of pension on the basis of e-PPO into the account of the pensioner/family pensioner followed by subsequent verification with physical PPOs
F. No. O/o-13012(12)/3/2021-IT Technical/40
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Central Pension Accounting Office,
Trikoot-II, Bhikaji Kama Place,
Subject: First Credit of pension on the basis of e-PPO into the account of the pensioner/family pensioner followed by subsequent verification with physical PPOs – Regarding
It has been observed that the first credit of pension into the account of pensioner/family pensioner is delayed as the CPPCs of Banks await the receipt of the physical PPO for verification before starting the payment of benefits. The delay in crediting of pension to the pensioner’s account due to this has been causing undue hardship to pensioners.
2. With a view to streamline the process to expedite the payment of first credit, all the Heads of the CPPCs of Authorised Banks are hereby directed to ensure that the credit of the first pension into the account of pensioner/family pensioner is carried out immediately on the basis of e-PPO and e-SSA received from the CPAO. The physical PPO booklet and related documents will continue to be sent to CPPCs until further orders. On receipt of the same, the CPPC of Banks will verify the details and if any differences are found between the e-PPO and manual PPO, the same should be intimated to CCP, CPAO within a month for necessary corrective action.
3. It may also be ensured that the e-Scroll for all payments of pension made is submitted the Same day to CPAO while intimating RBI.
4. The order shall come into effect from the date of issue of this OM
This issues with the approval of the Controller General of Accounts.
Chief Controller (Pensions)
- All the Heads of CPPCs of Authorised Banks
- All the GBUs/GBDs of Authorised Banks
- Addl. CGA (HR&O)
- Addl. CGA(PFMS)
Source: Click here to view/download PDF