Unauthorised communication/revelation of classified information – CDA Important Circular dated 06.08.2021
OFFICE OF THE CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS
No.1 STAFF ROAD, SECUNDERABAD-500 009
- CDA (IT&SDC), Secunderabad
- The DCDA I/c, O/o PAO (ORs) EME, Secunderabad.
- The ACDA I/c, O/o PAO (ORs) AOC, Secunderabad.
- The ACDA I/c, O/o AAO (Army), Visakhapatnam.
- All Sub-Offices under CDA, Secunderabad.
- All Group Officers in Main Office.
- All SAOs/ AOs/ AAOs & Staff in Main Office.
Subject: Unauthorised communication/revelation of classified information.
Reference: This Office Circular No. AN/1/2081/DISP/VOL.II dated 02.11.2016.
It has been conveyed by the HQrs. Office that the Director General of Military Intelligence (DGMI) has reported sharing of sensitive information/ mobile number by some of the officials of the field offices. The foreign intelligence operatives might collect classified information under assumed identity through call/ Whatsapp / E-mail. Sharing of such information could endanger the national security.
2. Therefore, all officers and staff including telephone operators may be sensitized about the imperative need to choke the flow of classified / restricted information and to ensure that no such information is shared with unidentified persons on calls and/ or social media. Due caution may be taken by the officers and staff posted at vulnerable offices while dealing with sensitive information. It is emphasised that such action may also attract disciplinary action under relevant Rules.
3. This communication may be given wide circulation and contents may please be got noted by all the officers & staff and their signatures may be obtained and kept on record.
Please acknowledge receipt.
CDA has seen.
Dy. Controller & Vigilance Officer
Source: Click here to view/download PDF