Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB)/Ad-hoc Bonus for 2020-21: GENC writes to Fin Min
सरकारी कर्मचारी राष्ट्रीय परिसंघ
Govt. Employees National Confederation
(AFFILIATED TO B.M.S.)
CENTRAL OFFICE : RAM NARESH BHAVAN, TILAK GALI, PAHAR GANJ, NEW DELHI – 110055
SUB OFFICE :
2-A, NAVEEN MARKET
Mrs. Nirmala Sitharaman ji,
Hon’ble Finance Minister,
Sub: Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) for 2020-21.
Central Government employees are paid the Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) prior to the festive season of Dussehra every year.
2. Madam, I would like to draw your kind attention towards the ceiling of monthly emoluments for calculation of PLB/Ad-hoc Bonus. GENC has been demanding for enhancing this ceiling.
3. The Ministry of Finance vide it’s OM No. 7/4/2014-E-IIIA dated 29.08.2016, issued orders for enhancing the ceiling of monthly emoluments from Rs.3500/- to Rs.7000/- for calculation of PLB/Ad-hoc Bonus w.e.f the financial year 2014-15. In this regard, I would like to draw your kind attention towards the Secretary to Govt. of India/Ministry of Labour & Employment’s DO No.51040/4/2015-IR(PG) dated 28th August, 2015 (copy enclosed), addressed to the General Secretary/BMS, whereby it was stated that “… The Government Is considering to revised calculation ceiling from the present level of Rs.3,500/- per month to Rs.7,000/- or the minimum wages for the scheduled employment as fixed by the appropriate Government, whichever is higher’. As per latest guidelines issued by the Ministry of Labour & Employment, the Minimum Wage for a Skilled worker is Rs.20,384/- (in ‘A’ Area). Also, after implementation of 7th Central Pay Commission, the minimum basic pay of a Central Government Employee is Rs.18,000/-. Under these circumstances, the monthly ceiling of Rs.7,000/- for calculation of PLB/Ad-hoc Bonus, is not justified at all and hence needs to be enhanced.
4. Hence, in view of above, I request you to consider revising the calculation ceiling of monthly emolument from Rs.7000/- to the minimum wages, in consultation with the Ministry of Labour & Employment, as per assurance made vide it’s DO letter dated 28th August, 2015.
Member, National Council (Staff-Side) JCM
- Shri Bhupender Yadav ji, Hon’ble Minister for Labour & Employment, Government of India, Shram Shakti Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The General Secretary, 1/2 Bhartiya Mazdoor Sangh, 27, Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg, New Delhi-110002
Source: Click here to view/download PDF