Grant of 3rd MACP and pay fixation on promotion from Assistant to Office Superintendent after notification of 6th CPC – Clarification
No. 3-1923/2018-Min.Estt. Voll – 541
Government of India
Ministry of Jal Shakti
Department of Water Resources, RD & GR
Central Ground Water Board
NH-IV, Faridabad (Haryana)
Dated: 28 JAN 2020
Sub:- Clarification regarding grant of 3rd MACP and pay fixation promoted to the post of Assistant to the post of Office Superintendent after notification of 6th CPC-regarding.
It is brought to the notice of all person concerned that after getting promotion from the post of Assistant to Office Superintendent, Sh. Vir Arjun Pahuja and Other, Office Superintendents demanded 3rd MACP in PB-2, Grade Pay Rs.4600/-.
The Pay Scale of Rs.5000-8000/- carried by Assistant and Pay Scale of Rs.5500-9000/- carried by Office Superintendent were merged on the recommendations of 6 Central Pay Commission vide Ministry of Finance Notification dated 29.08.2008. Therefore, their case was referred to Ministry for considering grant of 3rd MACP by ignoring the promotion of Office Superintendent. The matter was under consideration in the meanwhile, the Recruitment Rules of Office Superintendent amended vide Notification dated 26.04.2017. Therefore, the Ministry was again requested to furnish clarification as to whether the promotion given with the consent of DoPT from Assistant to Office Superintendent will be counted for the purpose of MACP or not, if yes, then how their pay will be fixed as they have already been granted one increment at the time of their promotion to the post of Office Superintendent in the same Grade Pay of PB-2, Grade Pay Rs.4200/-.
The matter regarding fixation of pay of Assistant on promotion to the post of Office Superintendent after notification of Revised Pay Rules, 2008 i.e. from 30.08.2008 was referred to Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure for Clarification by the Ministry of Jal Shakti as per advise of DOP&T.
In consultation with Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, the Ministry has advised vide their letter No.25/14/2016-GWE dated 26.12.2019 (copy enclosed) that “The post of Assistant (feeder post/Rs.5000-8000) and OS (Promotion post/Rs.5500-9000) in CGWB has been merged and placed in PB-2 with a single Grade Pay of Rs.4200/- w.e.f. 01.01.2006 as per CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 notified on 29.08.2008, the question of promotion of Assistant to OS after the date of notification of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 i.e. after 29.08.2008 does not arise. Though the above promotion after the date of notification of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 till the date of notification of modified RRs of OS has been done with the consent of the DOPT, DOWR is advised to take necessary action on pay fixation in the above matter strictly as per provision of Ministry of Finance Department of Expenditure O.M. issued under letter No. F-2-1/2015-E.III (A) dated 16.10.2015. Further as regards MACP benefits in the above matter, Department is advised to take appropriate measures in the above matter as per opinion of DOP&T (Estt.D).
Therefore, all the Head of Offices are requested to take necessary action of withdrawal of pay fixation done on promotion to the post of Office Superintendent in respect of 84 (Eighty Four) Assistant promoted to the post of Office Superintendent in the above matter strictly as per provisions of Ministry of Finance Department of Expenditure O.M. issued under letter No.F-2-1/2015-E.III (A) dated 16.10.2015 (copy enclosed) pertaining to their office. The list of 84 Assistants promoted to the post of Office Superintendents after notification of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 is also enclosed herewith for ready reference in taking the further necessary action.
It is also requested to send the information in prescribed proforma (attached as Annexure “A”) for considering MACP in respect of above 84 Office Superintendents after making re-fixation of their pay, if they are entitled as per rules.
This issues with the approval of Chairman, CGWB.
Encl: As above.
- Person concerned (84 Office Superintendent) through concerned Head of
Office as per list attached.
- The Regional Director, Central Ground Water Board, WCR, Ahmedabad/
NWR, Chandigarh/ NR, Lucknow/ SECR, Chennai/ MER, Patna/ CR, Nagpur/ NER, Guwahati/ NWHR, Jammu/ SR, Hyderabad/ SER, Bhubaneswar/ WR, Jaipur/ NCR, Bhopal/ NCCR, Raipur/ SWR, Bangalore/ ER, Kolkata/ KR, Trivandrum/ NHR, Dharamshala/ UR, Dehradun/ NGI, Raipur for information and necessary action.
- The Executive Engineer, Central Ground Water Board, Division I, Ahmedabad/ II, Ambala/III, Varanasi/ IV, Chennai/ V, Ranchi/ VI, Nagpur/ VII, Guwahati/ VIII, Jammu/ IX, Hyderabad/ X, Bhubaneswar/ XI, Jodhpur/ XII, Bhopal/ XIII, Raipur/ XIV, Bangalore/ XV, Kolkata/ XVI, Bareilly/ XVII, Dharamshala for information and necessary action.
- The Officer-In-Charge, Central Ground Water Board, JNH, New Delhi/ SUO, Shillong/ SUO, Allahabad/ SUO, Jodhpur/ SUO, Itanagar/ SUO, Pune/ SUO, Belgaum/ SUO, Ranchi/ SUO, Agartala/ SUO, Vishakhapatnam/ CGWA, New Delhi for information and necessary action.
- The Under Secretary (GWE), Ministry of Jal Shakti, DOWR, RD & WR, Shram Shakti Bhawan, New Delhi for information with reference to Ministry’s letter number referred to above.
- Pay & Accounts Officer, CGWB, Faridabad alongwith above Ministry’s letter and its enclosures for information.
- The Administrative Officer (L. A.),Central Ground Water Board, CHQ, Faridabad for information and necessary action.
- PA to Chairman, CGWB, CHQ, Faridabad.
- PA to Member (HQ), CGWB, CHQ, Faridabad.
- PS to Director (Admn), CGWB, CHQ, Faridabad.
- File No.20-12/2018-Min. Estt.
- Sh. Krishan Gopal, Programmer, CGWB, CHQ, Faridabad with the request to upload the above Ministry’s letter alongwith its enclosures and list of Office Superintendent in the CGWB’s website.
Source : Click here to view/download the PDF