KVS Clarification on Credit of Earned Leave in lieu of duty performed by the vacational staff during the vacation / breaks
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
Under Ministry of Education, Govt. of India
Head Quarters, New Delhi
E-mail [email protected]
18, Institutional Area, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
New Delhi 110 016
F. No: F.11029-9/2020-KVS(HQ)/ (Admn-l)/1o22-28
Sub: Credit of Earned Leave in lieu of duty performed by the vacational staff during the vacation / breaks-clarification thereon.
Pursuant to Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (DoPT) dated 11th December, 2018 which was notified in Gazette notification dated 14th December, 2018. Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972- Section 2 in Rule 28, in Sub Rule (1) Clause (b) (Copy enclosed) in respect of any year in which a Govt. Servant avails the portion of the vacation, he/she shall be entitled to additional Earned Leave in such proportion of twenty days, as the number of days of vacation not taken bears to the full vacation, provided the total Earned Leave credited shall not exceed thirty days in a calendar year.
The matter has been carefully considered and the decision of the KVS is being communicated for compliance as under-
- The vacational staff that has rendered at least one year service in the KVS will be entitled to have the benefit of the credit of Earned Leave equivalent to 2/5 of the days of duties rendered by them in attending training/in-service course or otherwise specifically called for general duties during the vacations/breaks provided the duration of such duty is not less than 10 days. If duty performed is less than 10 days, Compensatory Leave can be given as per rule.
- The Earned Leave in lieu of the duty performed during vacations/breaks should be restricted to 30 days Earned Leave in all including 10 days Earned Leave regularly earned by them during a calendar year.
- The period of journey performed by the Vacational staff in attending the duties during vacation period shall also be considered towards the duty.
- The provisions regarding credit of EL should be made effective from the date of publication of amended leave rules in official gazette i.e. 14.12.2018. Accordingly all old cases may also be reviewed.
This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
(Dr. P. Devakumar)
Joint Commissioner (Pers.)
- PS to Commissioner, KVS- for information please.
- PA to Joint Commissioner (Admn./Admn.-I /Acad./ Finance/Trg.)
- PA to Superintending Engineer, KVS(HQ), New Delhi
- PA to Deputy Commissioner (Admn./Acad.)
- The Deputy Commissioner, all Regional Offices for necessary action.
- The Directors, ZIETs (Chandigarh / Mysore/ Bhubaneshwar/ Mumbai/ Gwalior).
- The Assistant Commissioner (Estt..I/II/III, (L&C), (S&S), (RPS), (Finance) and (Admn.I/ II).
- The General Secretary, AIKVTA, KVPSS, KEVITSA for information.
- Deputy Commissioner, (Acad/EDP) – with the request to upload the same on KVS (HQ) web-site.
Source: Click to view/download PDF