Powers for redeployment of Group B (Gazetted and Non-Gazetted) posts – Department of Posts
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi — 110001
Dated: 22.4 Sept., 2022
All Heads of Circles,
Subject: Powers for redeployment of Group B (Gazetted and Non-Gazetted) posts.
Kindly refer to this office letter no. 2-2/93-PE-I dated 07.09.1993, vide which powers for redeployment of Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ posts were delegated to the Chief Postmasters General (in consultation with Circle IFA) and for re-deployment of Group ‘A’ & ‘B’ posts, were vested in the Postal Services Board (PSB) with concurrence of FA (Posts), in pursuance of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, U. O. No. 2246-E-Coord/93 dated 05.08.1993
2. Subsequently, vide this office letter no. 13-05/2015-PE-I (Pt.) dated 14.06.2019, it was informed that Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, vide its O.M. No. 987660/E.Coord.I/18 dated 16.01.2019, has clarified that specific exemptions granted to D/o Posts, vide their U.O. dated 05.08.1993, for deployment of Group A, B, C and D posts will continue.
3. Over the years, the scenario has completely changed, thus, it has been decided, with the approval of Postal Services Board (PSB), that henceforth redeployment of all Group B posts (Gazetted and Non-Gazetted) may also be done by the Heads of Circles (with the concurrence of CIFA) in addition of Group C and D (now Group C) posts.
4. The Circles must subsequently submit the details of all such redeployments of Group B posts (Gazetted and non-Gazetted) for information of the PSB on quarterly basis before 10th of subsequent month of the quarter i.e. before 10th of January, 10th April, 10th July and 10th October.
5. Proposals for redeployment of Group ‘A’ posts shall be referred to this Directorate with the concurrence of the Circle IFA and the approval of the concerned Chief Postmaster General.
Asstt. Director General (PE-I)
Tele: 011-2304 4822
- PSO/Sr.PPS to Secretary (Posts) / Director General Postal Services.
- Sr.PPS/ PPS to Addl. DG (Co-ord.)/ Member (Banking)/ Member (O)/ Member (P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/ Member (PLI)/ Member (Tech).
- Additional Secretary & Financial Adviser.
- Director, RAKNPA / Directors of All PTCs.
- Chief General Manager, BD Dte. / Parcel Dte. / PLI Dte.
- Sr. Dy. Director General (Vigi.) & CVO / Sr. Dy Director General (PAF).
- Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General (through e-office notice board).
- Planning Division, SPG-I, SPG-II, SPN-II Section, PE-II Section (through e-office notice board).
- All recognized Federations / Unions / Associations (through India Post web site)
- GM, CEPT – for uploading the order on the India Post web site.
- ADG(Admn.) – for uploading the letter on the e-office Notice Board.
- Guard File
- Spare copies.
Section Officer (PE-D)
Tele: 011-2304 4822
Source: Click to view/download PDF