Merger of Senior Technician, Technician, Mast Technician and Diesel Technician in the Subordinate Engineering Cadre of AIR and Doordarshan in the 6th CPC pay scale of PB-2+GP Rs.4200 GP
(INDIA’S PUBLIC SERVICE BROADCASTER)
DIRECTORATE GENERAL: ALL INDIA RADIO
No. 14/12/2014-SIV (A)/240
Akashvani Bhawan, New Delhi
Consequent to the approval of the Ministry of Finance (MoF), Department of Expenditure vide its U.O. No. 22 (1)/ E.IB/2020 dated 12.09.2022 and conveyed by M/o I&B vide its I.D. No. V-13014/1/2019-BAE dated 19.09.2022, the posts of Senior Technician, Technician, Mast Technician and Diesel Technician in the Subordinate Engineering Cadre of AIR and Doordarshan in the 6th CPC pay scale of PB-2+GP Rs.4200 GP are merged into a single cadre prospectively with effect from the date of notification of Recruitment Rules (RRs) subject to the following conditions:-
I (a) It does not involve any change in the pay scale in any manner whatsoever;
(b) It does not require re-fixation of pay nor does it involve change in date of increment;
(c) It does not disturb the next higher post in the hierarchical line of promotion and;
(d) It does not entail any financial implication whatsoever in any form whatsoever.
II. The aforesaid merger will be applicable only for the Government servant on deemed deputation to Prasar Bharati who joined on or before 05.10.2007. The post will be re-designated as “Senior Broadcast Technician” as recommended by the Cadre Review Committee constituted by Prasar Bharati for restructuring of Engineering Cadre.
III. The revised post-merger sanctioned strength of the single cadre is to be decided taking into progressively reducing sanctioned strength of dying cadre of “Mast Technician” etc.
2. Instruction contained in DoPT OM No. 35034/3/2008-Estt (D) dated 19.05.2009 and DoPT OM No. 35034/3/2015-Estt (D) dated 22,.10.2019 with respect to Merger of Pay Scales/ Posts may be followed.
3, The re-designation of the merged post as “Senior Broadcast Technician” as recommended by the Cadre Review Committed constituted by Prasar Bharati will be confirmed at the time of Gazette Notification of Recruitment Rules for the merged post.
4. This issues with the approval of CEO, Prasar Bharati.
Deputy Director Administration (E)
1. O/o The ADG (E) (NZ), AIR and Doordarshan, Jamnagar House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi -110 011.
2. 0/o The ADG (E) (WZ), AIR and Doordarshan, 10th Floor, ASF Building, Worli, MUMBAI-400 020.
3. O/o The ADG (E) (EZ), AIR and Doordarshan, 4th Floor, Akashvani Bhavan, Eden Garden, Kolkata-700 001.
4. The CPIO,0O/o The ADG(E) (SZ), AIR and Doordarshan, Swami Sivananda Salai,CHENNAI-600 005
5. The CPIO, 0/o The ADG (E) (NEZ), AIR and Doordarshan, 2nd, 3rd Floor, Ganeshguri Flyover, P. Kakoti’s Building, G.S.Road, Dispur, GUWAHATI-781006.
1. Sh. Sanjay Dhar, Under Secretary, BA(E) Section, Ministry of I & B, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi w.r.t their I.D. No. No. V-13014/1/2019-BAE dated 19.09.2022.
2. All PAOs, DG:AIR/DG:DDn.
3. Notice Board, Prasar Bharati