Rate of Interest on GPF and other similar funds from 1st Jan, 2022 to 31st Mar, 2022
(TO BE PUBLISHED IN PART I SECTION 1 OF GAZETTE OF INDIA)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
New Delhi, the 03 January, 2023
It is announced for general information that during the year 2022-2023, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall Carry ‘interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) w.e.f. 1st January, 2023 to 31st March, 2023. This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1st January, 2023. The funds concerned are:
- The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
- The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
- The All India Services Provident Fund.
- The State Railway Provident Fund.
- The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
- The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
- The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
- The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
- The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
- The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.
Additional Secretary to the Govt. of India
The Manager, (Technical Branch)
Government of India Press, Minto Road, Delhi.
Copy forwarded to all Ministries/Departments of Government of India, President’s Secretariat, Vice-President’s Secretariat, Prime Minister’s Office, Lok Sabha Secretariat, Rajya Sabha Secretariat, Cabinet Secretariat, Union Public Service Commission, Supreme Court, Election Commission and NITI Aayog.
Copy also forwarded to :—
1. Comptroller & Auditor General of India and all offices under his control.
2. Chairman, Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority.
3. Controller General of Accounts (10 copies).
4. Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pension (Pension Unit/All India Services Division).
5. Financial Adviser of Ministries/Departments (6 copies).
6. Chief Controller of Accounts/Controller of Accounts of Ministries/Departments.
7. Controller General of Defence Accounts.
8. Finance Secretary of all State Governments and Union Territories. ,
9. Secretary to Governors/Lt. Governors of all States/Union Territories.
10. Secretary Staff Side, National Council of JCM.
11. All Members, Staff Side, National Council of JCM.
12. NIC – For uploading on webhost.
(Garud R D)
[…] copy of Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs’ Resolution F.No. 5(4)-B(PD)/2021 dated 3rd January, 2023 prescribing interest at the rate of 7.1%(Seven point one percent) w.ef. 1st January, 2023 to 31st […]