Guidelines for streamlining the supply of indented medicines by Authorized Local Chemists – MoH&FW O.M.
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 13th February, 2023
Subject: Regarding guidelines for streamlining the supply of indented medicines by Authorized Local Chemists
With reference to the subject matter, the following guidelines are being issued, for strict compliance by all concerned in CGHS and Authorized Local Chemists who shall be empanelled afresh w.e.f 01/04/2023 or earlier and existing ALCs who have been allowed to continue beyond 1/04/2023 due to any reason:
1. All ALCs are required to stamp “CGHS supply not for sale” on every medicine strip, pack, flap, bottle, tube, sachet, vial supplied to CGHS with indelible (non-erasable) ink on every medicine strip, pack, flap, bottle, tube, sachet, vial supplied to CGHS. CMOs I/C shall check the on-line indent before submission to ALC, to ensure that non-permissible items and items that are available in the Wellness Centre, are not indented. In case a medicine has been wrongly supplied by the ALC (in terms of strength, excess quantity, substandard quality, stolen and/or substitute medicine (either one condition or a combination of conditions)), it shall be returned back to the chemist by CMO I/C, with remarks in the online and physical voucher.
2. PBG shall be forfeited in case of any ALC exiting midway through the contract, irrespective of whether or not a notice has been given.
3. The penalty has been increased for delay in supply/non-supply from the existing Rs 100/- per item per day (irrespective of number of patients for whom the delay has occurred) to Rs.100/- per item per day per patient. In case full quantity of an indented medicine has not been supplied the next day by ALC, the remaining medicines shall not be re-indented the next day, as in the absence of patient, this falsely increases patient count and ALC is spared of penalty for delayed supply. The ALC on his own shall supply the remaining medicines at the earliest and penalty for each day of delayed supply shall be levied on the ALC.
4. Tampering the printed MRP of manufacturer by ALC by use of sticker or by any means will not be accepted and the item shall be rejected.
This issues with the approval of competent authority.
Signed by Anjana Rajkumar
Date: 13-02-2023 10:31:51
1. AD(HQ), CGHS / Addl.DDG(HQ), CGHS
2. Additional Directors CGHS of Cities/
1. PPS to SS&DG, CGHS, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
2. PPS to JS(CGHS), MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
3. Office copy
Source : Click to view/download PDF