Application for validation of option / joint options by EPF Pensioner as per Supreme Court Judgement- Scrutiny of information and wage details submitted by the employee and employer: EPFO order dated 23.04.2023
EMPLOYEES’ PROVIDENT FUND ORGANISATION
MINISTRY OF LABOUR & E MPLOVMES T, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Bhavishva Nidhi Bhawan. 13. Bhikaaji Cama Place. New Delhi 110066
All Addl. CPFCs, Zonal Offices.
All RPFCs / OICs, Regional Offices.
Subject- Application for validation of option / joint options- Scrutiny of information and wage details submitted by the employee and employer – Reg.
Please refer to the instructions issued vide circulars dated 29.12.2022, 05.01.2023, 25.01.2023 and 20.02.2023 regarding the Hon’ble Supreme Court judgment dated 04.11.2022 in Sunil Kumar B. vs. Others. This circular is issued in continuation of the earlier instructions vide above circulars.
2. Further, an online facility has been deployed and is available up to 03.05.2023 for receipt of the following through the employers:
- Application forms for validation of joint options from the employees who retired prior to 01.09.2014 and
- Joint option forms from the employees who were members on 01.09.2014.
3. Applications / Joint options will be examined by Field. In case, the requirements are complete, the wage details submitted by the employers will be verified with the data available with the field offices. The cases where FO details and employers’ details match, the dues will be calculated and an order will be passed by APFC / RPFC-II / RPFC-I for depositing / transferring the dues. The cases where there is a mismatch, the same will be informed to the employer and the employee / pensioner by APFC / RPFC-II. They will be given a time of one month to complete the information.
4, In case submitted application form / joint option is not approved by the employer, before any rejection, an opportunity will be given to the employer for providing any additional proof or evidence or correct any mistakes / errors (including those made by employees / pensioners). Such opportunity will be for a period of one month and under intimation to the employees / pensioners.
5. In cases where the submitted information is not complete or seems erroneous or any information in application/ joint option form needs correction request or not found eligible, APFC/RPFC-II will seek information from the employers under intimation to the employees / pensioners within one month. If complete information is received, the case shall be processed further as at 3 above. However, if, complete information is not received within one month, the order will be passed on merit by the APFC /RPFC-II/RPFC-I.
6. Grievance Redressal: Any grievance by the applicant can be registered on EPFIGMS after submission of his request form and payment of due contribution, if any. The registration of such grievance shall be under specified category of higher pension with reference to Supreme Court Judgment dated 04.11.2022. All such grievances shall be addressed and disposed of at the level of Nominated Officer. Grievances will be monitored by the Officer in-Charge of Regional Office and Zonal Office.
[This issues with the approval of CPFC.]
Regional P.F. Commissioner-I (Pension)
- PS to CPFC.
- FA & CAO for kind information.
- ACC (HQ) (Audit) for kind information.
- ACC (HQ) (IS) for kind information.
- All ACC (HQ)s and ACCs at H.O for kind information.
- Rajbhasha Section for providing Version in Hindi.