Accessible formats of courses for persons with disability on iGOT – Railway Board order dated 12.05.2023
भारत सरकार / GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
रेल मंत्रालय / MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(रेलवे बोर्ड / RAILWAY BOARD(
New Delhi dt: 12.05.2023
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways.
The Director Generals/The Directors,
Sub: Accessible formats of courses for persons with disability on iGOT.
Ref: D.O. No. I-15/20/2022-AIC of April 2023 received from Secretary, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (Deptt. of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities).
Please find herewith attached D.O. No. I-15/20/2022-AIC of April 2023 received from Secretary, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (Deptt. of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities) regarding inaccessible courses on iGOT platform for persons with disability.
2. The guidelines as mentioned in the referred D.O letter may be complied with while publishing courses on 1GOT platform to ensure hassle free access to persons with disability.
DA: As above.
Signed by Jitendra Kumar
Date: 12-05-2023 10:04:59
Dy. Director, Estt (Training)
Government Of India
Ministry Of Social Justice & Empowerment
Department Of Empowerment of Persons With Disabilities
D.O. No. 1-15/20/2022-AIC
Dear Sh. Lahoti,
It is to kindly inform that Karmayogi Bharat, the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) incorporated by DoPT under Mission Karmayogi has set up the iGOT Karmayogi Portal which has now over 3.5 lakh users from various Government Departments. It is to highlight that over 350 competency-based courses are published on the portal so far.
2. In view of the above, kindly note that many of the learners on the platform who have completed courses, specially the Karmayogi Prarambh Module, are persons with disabilities and face challenges to access the modules due to inaccessible documents, content etc. In these modern times where. online ecosystems should be designed to provide information in easily accessible formats. more often than not. persons with various disabilities still face challenges to access this information.
3. With reference to the above and the Right of Persons with Disability Rules 2017, section 15 (1) (c) tramed under the provisions of Right of the Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 mentioned that the respective Ministries and Departments shall ensure compliance of the Standards of Accessibility specified under Guidelines for Indian Government Websites (GIGW) as issued by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) in 2018 (2nd edition) and adopted by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances.
4. In this regard. MEITY has adopted latest guidelines for “Accessibility for the ICT products and Services” part I and part II that are prepared and notified by Bureau of Indian Standards of Part I in e-gazette dated 24.12.2021 (Ref: HQ-PUB013/1/2020-PUB-BIS) and Part IT on 04.05.2022 (Ref. HQ-PUBO013/1/2020-PUB-BIS) respectively.
5. In this context, it is requested to kindly ensure that all the courses uploaded on iGOT portal by your Ministry/Department are compliant with accessibility guidelines. It is further ‘requested to consider this as a matter of priority concern and take the necessary action.
Shri Anil Kumar Lahoti
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer,
Ministry of Railways, Rail Bhawan. Rafi Marg,
New Delhi, 110001