Implementation of New window based Digital Signing utility in place of existing Java based utility in the sanction module of PFMS : PFMS O.M. dated 03.05.2023
File No. I-13049/1/2020-ITD-CGA/e-2848/45
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Controller General of Accounts
Public Financial Management System
Subject:- Implementation of New window based Digital Signing utility in place of existing Java based utility in the sanction module of PFMS.
References (copies enclosed):
- OM No. MF-CGA/GIFMIS/2020-21/134 dated 03.09.2021
- OM No.-V-12025/1/2021-PFMS/ Cyber Security / CN-6609/ 2781-2834 dated 16.09.2021
- OM No.-V-12025/I/2021-PFMS/Cyber Security/CN-6609/4630-83 dated 27.10.2021
With reference to the OMs referred above, it is informed that the pilot of Window based browser neutral digital signing utility was initiated for digital signing of monthly accounts by PAO and Pr.A.O. and successfully introduced in the ebill system for all related users.
2. It has been decided to extend and implement this Window based digital signing utility from 1st June, 2023 for all types of users of sanction module where presently Java based digital signing utility is being used. The various functionalities which are affected are:
- bill signing at DDO level (where ever configured),
- digital signing of e-PPO,
- digital signing of Advices (e-IAAAs and e-IGAAs),
- digital signing of e-payment XML file by signatories level in PAO/CDDO.
- counter signing and approval of sanction at PD Checker for DBT payments,
- DSC enrollment at various levels.
It is reiterated that the new Window based browser neutral digital signing utility requires Windows 10 and above 64 bit processor, which was also intimated vide PFMS O.M. dated 16-9-2021 and 27-10-2021 referred above.
3. All PrCCAs/CCAs/CAs with independent charges are requested to look into the issue and arrange to put in place the readiness with reference to the above-mentioned OMs before 01-06-2023.
This issues with the approval of Competent authority.
Encl: As Above. OM
Dy. CGA (GIFMIS-PFMS)
All Pr.CCAs/CCAs/Cas (with independent charge)
- Joint CGA (TRBR)/Joint CGA (Roll out)/Joint CGA (DBT)
- All Sr.AO./AOs of GIFMIS, O/o. CGA.
- Sr.Accounts officer, ITD, O/o OGA for uploading on the website of CGA