Online GPF Module in PAOs: CGA OM dated 24-06-2020
M F.CGA/ ITD/ GPF-IM S/2020/359 -7-30
Ministry of Finance,
Deptt of Expenditure
Office of Controller General of Accounts
Block-E, G.P.O. Complex, INA. New Delhi-110023
Dated : 24th June,2020
Sub: Implementation of Online GPF Module in PAOs.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this office OM of even number dated 26 March 2018 and subsequent OMs on the above mentioned subject. It has been decided to further extend the implementation of the module to the PAOs as per list attached (Annexure-A).
2. For on-boarding the Module, PAOs have to ensure that the activities as detailed in the Annexure-1 are completed in all respects in “COMPACT” before migrating to Online GPF Module.
3. The concerned Pr. CCAs/ CCAs/ CAs (with independent charge) are requested to issue necessary directions to the PAOs, under their administrative control, to take necessary action for on-boarding the module.
4. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Asstt. Controller of Accounts, ITD
Pre-requisites for on boarding the online GPF Module
- General/Basic Information like Name, Date of Birth, Date of Joining Government Service, PAN Number of all GPF subscribers may be verified and updated
- GPF Accounts of subscribers may be made up to date with posting of GPF credit/debit data.
- May be ensured that no GPF bill is pending for pass and payment.
- Voucher Incorporation from PFMS to COMPACT may be done for all Bills.
- Opening Balances of current F.Y. may be verified and interest calculation and finalization of interest of previous year may be completed and data is transferred to F.Y.2020-2021.
- It may be ensured that any discrepancy, if noticed has been removed before shifting to PFMS.
- May be ensured that GPF Advance recoveries data is correct.
- It may be ensured to register Digital signature Certificate (DSC) in COMPACT.
- Before creating final file, PAO should take backup of the data base.
- GPF Accounts which are transferred out or final payment made may be closed at DH level through the option “Account Closing” .
Source: Click to view/download pdf