ISSA Webinar: Transitioning the workforce to a human-and-digital environment – reg.
पंडित दीनदयाल उपाध्याय राष्ट्रीय सामाजिक सुरक्षा अकादमी
PANDIT DEENDAYAL UPADHYAYA NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SOCIAL SECURITY
कर्मचारी भविष्य निधि संगठन, श्रम एवं रोजगार मंत्रालय,भारत सरकार
EMPLOYEES’ PROVIDENT FUNDS ORGANISATION
(MINISTRY OF LABOUR & EMPLOYMENT, GOVT. OF INDIA)
30-31, संस्थागत क्षेत्र, जनकपुरी, नई दिल्ली – 110058
30-31, Institutional Area, Janakpuri, New Delhi-110058
दूरभाष / Phone: 28524248, 28526525; फैक्स/Fax: 28525987
www.natrss.gov.in; email: [email protected]
All Officers of EPFO
Head Office/Zonal Office’s/Regional Office’s
Subject: ISSA Webinar: Transitioning the workforce to a human-and-digital environment – reg.
ISSA is organising a webinar on the subject cited above which will focus on the strategies through which social security institutions are transitioning the workforce into a human-and-digital environment. Through these strategies, institutions are able to embed agility, flexibility and resilience in their DNAs. Supported by appropriate technologies, the strategies will enable the sustainability of delivering quality service over time and, in the event of new demands in the future, the availability of an adept, highly skilled workforce. The key challenges and the possible ways to move forward will likewise be addressed.
2. Rapid advances in technologies lead to the Fourth Industrial Revolution. The Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and machine learning, Big Data, Blockchain, cloud and edge computing are making it possible for people and machines to connect and communicate, thus transforming business models and processes and ultimately, the ways that people live and make a living.
3. Social security is benefiting from these technologies. Institutions are becoming more agile, more flexible and more resilient in delivering benefits and services because of a successful blending of digital technologies on one side, and forward looking leadership and the institution’s workforce on the other.
4. As the leadership and the workforce of social security become more adept in their understanding and use of technologies, and as they realize that ideation, creation and innovation are best achieved through collaboration then the human-and-digital journey of social security institutions will bring them ever closer to excellence in public service.
The details are as under:
Thursday, 19 November 2020, 15:30-—17:00 (UTC/GMT+1 or CET)
- > Benoit Long, Senior Assistant Deputy Minister, Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), Canada
- > Jean-Marc Vandenbergh, General Administrator, Auxiliary Unemployment Benefits Fund (CAPAC), Belgium
The webinar will examine the following questions:
- > How does the use of technologies affect the institution’s business processes? The institution’s workforce?
- > What are the strategies to transition the workforce into a human-and-digital workplace? Is culture change a necessary part of the transition?
- > Based on the pandemic experience, in what ways do the institution’s human-and-digital capacities make it more agile, flexible and resilient?
- > What strategies will ensure that the institution has the workforce that it needs as it moves into the future?
- > Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, ISSA Secretary General Case experience of ESDC, Canada
- > Case experience of CAPAC, Belgium
- > Q&A — Discussion
- > Conclusions
Moderated by Maribel D. Ortiz, Senior Technical Specialist in Social Security, ISSA
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fees.
Officers of EPFO are encouraged to register and take advantage of this webinar at no cost. The webinar offers promising takeaways in terms of the role of Social Security institutions transitioning the workforce into a human-and-digital environment. Interested officers may register for this webinar at the URL mentioned above.
(This issues with the approval of Competent Authority)
(Shyam V. Tonk)
Regional P.F. Commissioner-I (Training)