Special Sanction for Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines in view of COVID-19 – Reimbursement of cost of OPD medicines purchased for the treatment of the chronic illnesses during the intervening period from 01.03.2021 to 14.04.2021 is allowed.
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 25th May , 2021
Sub: Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines: Special Sanction in view of COVID-19- regarding
In view of the Corona Virus Disease(COVID-19), all out efforts are made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level.
2. In this regard the undersigned is directed to draw attention to the OM of even number dated 27.03.2020, 29.04.2020, 29.05.2020, 24th August 2020, 30th September 2020, 29.12.2020 and 15.04.2021 vide which an option has been provided to CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for Chronic diseases, to purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers/CGHS Specialists /other Govt. Specialists/ Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 28th February 2021 and from 15.04.2021 till 31.07.2021, Irrespective of Non-Availability certificate from CGHS or otherwise. Since, then this Ministry is in receipt of representations from CGHS beneficiaries for covering the intervening period from 1st March 2021 to 14th April to provide the option to purchase OPD medicines and claim reimbursement for treatment of chronic diseases.
3. The matter has been reviewed by the Ministry in view of the representation received in this regard and the undersigned is directed to convey the decision of this Ministry to allow reimbursement of cost of OPD medicines purchased for the treatment of the chronic illnesses during the intervening period from 1.3.201 to 14.04.2021 on the same conditions as per the earlier OM dated 27.03.2020.
4. Issued with the approval of Integrated Finance Division, MoHFW vide CD No 322 dt. 25.05 .2021.
(Dr. Sanjay Jain )
- All Ministries / Departments, Government of India
- Estt.I/ Estt.II/ Estt.III/ Estt.IV Sections. Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- Admn.I/Admn.II Sections of Dte. GHS
- Addl. Director, CGHS(HQ) / Addl.DDG(HQ) /Addl. Directors of CGHS Cities/Zones
CGHS (Click to view/download the PDF)