DoP : Creation of a separate Uttar Dinajpur Postal Division (Hq. Raiganj) – order dated 26.04.2022
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
Dated: 26th April, 2022.
The Chief Postmaster General,
West Bengal Circle,
Kolkata — 700 012.
Subject: Regarding creation of a separate Uttar Dinajpur Postal Division (Hq. Raiganj) by bifurcation of existing Dinajpur Division (Hq. Balurghat) and upgradation of Raiganj MDG into Head Post Office.
Kindly refer to your Circle Office letters no. Estt/B/Z-01/NBS/2021 dated 25.01.2022 and 22.02.2022, on the subject cited above.
2. The proposal for creation of a separate Uttar Dinajpur Postal Division (Hq. Raiganj) by bifurcation of existing Dinajpur Division (Hq. Balurghat), [retaining the residual portion of Dinajpur Division functional as Dakshin Dinajpur Division (Hq. Balurghat)], and upgradation of Raiganj Mukhya Dak Ghar (MDG) into Head Post Office (HO) has been examined in detail in consultation with Integrated Finance Wing (IFW) of the Directorate. The proposal has been approved by the Competent Authority subject to the following conditions:
- To ensure that there will be increase in the revenue due to this bifurcation and creation of new Division.
- Non-recurring and recurring expenditure on account of the creation of Division will be limited to the extreme necessities and to be met from the allotted Budget.
- There will be review of financial performance of both Uttar Dinajpur Division as well as Dakshin Dinajpur Division after completion of one year.
3. Further, approval of the Postal Services Board (PSB) is conveyed for redeployment of the surplus post of PS Group ‘B’ of PSD, Tamilnadu as Divisional Head (PS Group ‘B’) of Uttar Dinajpur Postal Division.
4, In view of above, the Circle is requested to take further necessary action accordingly and furnish an Action Taken Report to this office. The review after completion of one year is a mandatory condition of IFW, therefore, the same may be strictly adhered to.
5). This issues with the concurrence of Integrated Finance Wing vide their Dy. No. 14/2022-23/FA-CS(P) dated 25.04.2022.
Asstt. Director General (PE-I)
Tele: 011-2304 4822
Copy for information to:
- PS to Minister of Communications.
- PS to Minister of State for Communications.
- PSO/Sr.PPS to Secretary (Posts) / Director General Postal Services.
- Sr.PPS/ PPS to Addl. DG (Co-ord.)/ Member (Banking)/ Member (O)/
- Member (P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/ Member (PLI)/ Member (Tech) Additional Secretary & Financial Adviser.
- All Chief Postmasters General (except W.B. Circle).
- CPMG, Tamilnadu Circle for information and necessary action in respect of Para 3 above.
- Director, RAKNPA / Directors of All PTCs.
- Chief General Manager, BD Dte. / Parcel Dte. / PLI Dte.
- Sr. Deputy Director General (Vigilance) & CVO / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF).
- Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General (through e-office notice board).
- Planning Division, SPG-I, SPG-II, SPN-II Section, PE-II Section through e-office notice board).
- All recognized Federations / Unions / Associations (through India Post web site)
- GM, CEPT – for uploading the order on the India Post web site.
- ADG (Admn.) – for uploading the order on e-office Notice Board.
- Guard File we
- Spare copies.
Section Officer (PE-I)
Tele: 011-2304 4822
Source : Click to view/download PDF