Observance of Anti-Terrorism Day on 21st May – MoHA letter dated 12.05.2022
Government of India /Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Home Affairs /Grih Mantralaya
North Block, New Delhi,
Dated the 12th May, 2022
Chief Secretaries of all State Governments,
Administrators of al] Union Territories, and
Secretaries of all Ministries /Departments of
the Govt. of India.
Subject: Observance of Anti-Terrorism Day –
Every year 21st May is observed as Anti-Terrorism Day. The objective behind, Observance of this day is to wean away the youth from terrorism and the cult of violence by highlighting the sufferings of common people and showing as to how it is prejudicial to the national interest. To achieve the above objective various anti-terrorism programmes and drives had been organised in the past.
2. In view of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, it is imperative to follow the preventive measures such as maintaining social distancing, wearing of masks etc. as prescribed and recommended by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, while organizing the appropriate programme for the occasion.
3. This year 21st May falls on Saturday, a closed holiday for Central Government offices. To avoid inconvenience to the employees who have to travel long distance from suburbs/cities to come to office on Saturday, it has been decided that the ‘pledge taking ceremony’ in the offices of the Central Government may be held on Friday, the 20th May 2022. However, if 21st May, 2022 is not a closed holiday for the State /UT Government, the pledge taking ceremony may be held on 21st May, 2022. The ceremony may preferably be held in the forenoon.
4. It is proposed that anti-terrorism pledge may be taken in all Government Offices, public sector undertakings and other public institutions. Keeping in view the safety of participants and organisers and to avoid public gathering, officials may be advised to take anti-terrorism pledge solemnly in their rooms/ offices itself. A copy of the ‘pledge’ (both in English & Hindi) is enclosed (Annexure).
5. In. addition, considering importance and solemnity of the occasion, innovative ways of propagating the message of anti-terrorism through digital and social medial platforms, may also be considered.
6. Accordingly, I request you to kindly observe the Anti-Terrorism Day in a befitting manner.
Encl: As above
Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India
New Delhi, the 12th May 2022.
Copy, with enclosures, forwarded for information and necessary action to:-
- President’s Secretariat
- Vice-President’s Secretariat
- Prime Minister’s Office
- Registrar, Supreme Court of India
- Registrar, Delhi High Court
- Cabinet Secretariat
- Rajya Sabha Secretariat
- Lok Sabha Secrctariat
- NITI Aayog, Yojana Bhavan, New Delhi.
- Election Commission of India
- Union Public Service Commission
- Office of Comptroller & Auditor General of India
- Central Vigilance Commission
- University Grants Commission
- National Commission for SCs
- National Commission for STs
- National Commission for Backward Classes
- National Commission for Minorities
- National Commission for Women
- National Human Rights Commission
- Reserve Bank of India
- All attached & subordinate offices of the Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ad.III Section/MHA for making necessary arrangement in connection with the observation of Anti-Terrorism Day.
- Principal Information Officer, M/o Information & Broadcasting, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi-110001 for appropriate media coverage of the event
- ADG (M&C), MHA
Joint Secretary to the Government of India