Exemption from the routine exercise of transfer/rotational transfer – RBE No. 59/2023
RBE No. 59 /2023
भारत सरकार / GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
रेल मंत्रालय /MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
रेलवे बोर्ड/(RAILWAY BOARD)
New Delhi, Dated 24.04.2023
The General Manager (P),
All Zonal Railways/Pus.
Sub: Exemption from the routine exercise of transfer/ rotational transfer.
Ref: 1. Board’s letter No. E(NG)I-91/TR/13 dated 11.02.1992.
2. Board’s letter No. E(NG)I/2014/TR/12 dated 01.08.2014.
3. Board’s letter No. E(NG)I-2015/TR/20 dated 10.02.2017.
4. Board’s letter No. E(NG)I-2019/TR/1 dated 30.01.2019.
The Hon’ble Court of Chief Commissioner for Persons With Disabilities in case no 13604/1022/2022/R37714 regarding provisions relating to transfer of PwD employees has desired that suitable instructions be issued to all concerned for strict compliance of provisions relating to transfer of PwD employees. In this regard, attention is invited to instructions issued by the Railway Board from time to time for helping disabled Non-Gazetted employees working on Zonal Railways.
2. Attention in this connection is invited to instructions contained in Board’s letter No. E(NG)I-91/TR/13 dated 11.02.1992, vide which DOP&T’s OM dated 10.05.1990 were circulated for adoption wherein it was provided that candidates recruited on regional basis and who are physically handicapped may be given posting as far as possible, subject to administrative constraints, near their native places within the region. Extant instructions also provide that requests from PwD employees for transfer to or near their native places may also be given preference.
3. Further, vide Board’s letter No E(NG)I-2015/TR/20 dated 10.02.2017, physically handicapped Railway servants have been exempted from the condition of minimum of five years service required for inter railway transfer requests.
4. Apart from the above, attention in this regard is also drawn to Board’s letter No E(NG)I/2014/TR/12 dated 01.08.2014 and E(NG)I-2019/TR/1 dated 30.01.2019 adopting instructions contained in DoP&T’s OMs No. 42011/3/2014-Estt(Res) dated 6.6.2014 and No F. No. 42011/3/2014-Estt.(Res) dated 08.10.2018 respectively, providing that government employees who Serve as main care giver of dependent daughter/ son/ parents/ Spouse/ brother/ sister with Specified disability may be exempted from exercise of routine transfer.
5. Ministry of Railways desire that extant instructions on the subject as referred to in the preceding paras may be followed scrupulously. The aforementioned instructions are hereby reiterated for strict compliance.
Dy. Director Estt (N)
Ph. No. – 011-23303658
E mail Id- [email protected]