NPS to OPS: One-time option from the eligible willing individuals for coverage under the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 (now 2021) – PCDA (WC) Circular dated 21.04.2023
Through PCDA (WC) website only
भारत सरकार GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
रक्षा मंत्रालय MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
कार्यालय: रक्षा लेखा प्रधान नियंत्रक ( प.क.), सेक्टर-9, चंडीगढ
PRINCIPAL CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (WC)
SECTOR -9, CHANDIGARH Tel No.: 0172-2741611-14
FAX: 0172-2742552 E-mail: [email protected]
- All sections in Main office
- All Sub offices under PCDA (WC) Chandigarh including IFAs
Sub: Coverage under CCS (Pension) Rules, in place of National Pension System of those Central Government employees who were recruited against the posts/vacancies advertised/notified for recruitment, on or before 22.12.2003 – regarding.
Copy of the CGDA, Delhi Cantt letter No. NPS-CORR/4/2020-NPS dated 06.04.2023 circulating a copy of Ministry of personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Deptt. of Pension and Pensioners’ welfare O.M. No. 57/05/2021-P&PW/(B) dated 3rd March, 2023 (also available at CGDA website) on the above subject is enclosed herewith. GoI has now been decided that, in all cases where the Central Government civil employee has been appointed against a post or vacancy which was advertised/notified for recruitment/appointment, prior to the date of notification for National Pension System i.e. 22.12.2003 and is covered under the National Pension System on joining service on or after 01.01.2004, may be given a one-time option to be covered under the CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972 (now 2021). The contents of the O.M. No. 57/05/2021-P&PW(B) dated 3rd March, 2023 may please be brought to the notice of all concerned.
2. The one-time option form (specimen enclosed) from the eligible willing individuals to exercise their option may please be forwarded to Admin – 2 section of this office not later than 31.08.2023.
3. Those Government servants who are eligible to exercise option in accordance with DoP&PW OM dated 03.03.2023, but who do not exercise this option by the stipulated date, shall continue to be covered by the National Pension System.
4. The option once served shall be final.
Encl.: As above.
Dy. CDA (AN)
- PA to PCDA
- PA to JCDA/GO (AN)/All GOs
- All sections in Admin (local)
- The IT & S Section (local)- For uploading the circular & proforma on PCDA (WC) website.
Sr. Accounts Officer (AN)
(To be submitted on or before 31.08.2023)
I, ____________________________ hereby exercise my option to switch over from National Pension Scheme (NPS) to CCS (Pension) Rules 1972 (now 2021) as I am eligible for the same in accordance with the Govt. of India, Department of Pension &PW O.M. No. 57/05/2021-P&PW(B) dated 3rd March, 2023. I hereby also certify that the documents and the information as mentioned below is correct and any false information/misrepresentation will make me liable for disciplinary action by the Department. I also undertake that I will agree the terms and conditions as laid down in OM dated 03.03.2023 and will not make any claim in future in case of any new orders in the matter.
|Brief details: –|
|1||Date of advertisement/ notification for recruitment/ appointment (copy should be enclosed)|
|2||Name & year of Examination through which recruitment made|
|4||Date of declaration of result|
|6||Date of joining Govt. service/DAD
(copy should be enclosed)
|7||Any other information|
Date: ___ ___ 2023
Account No.: ____________