49th Advanced Professional Programme in Public Administration (APPPA) to be held from 01.07.2023 to 30.04.2024 at Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA), New Delhi – Railway Board order
भारत सरकार (GOVERNMENT OF INDIA)
रेल मंत्रालय (MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS)
रेलवे बोर्ड (RAILWAY BOARD)
New Delhi, Dt: .05.2023
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways &
The Director General/The Directors
The Pr. Chief Admn. Officers
Patiala Locomotive Works, Patiala,
COFMOW, New Delhi.
Sub: 49th Advanced Professional Programme in Public Administration (APPPA) to be held from 01.07.2023 to 30.04.2024 at Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA), New Delhi.
Training Division of Department of Personnel & Training (DOP&T) is sponsoring 49th Advanced Professional Programme in Public Administration (APPPA) which will be held from 1st July 2023 to 30th April, 2024 at Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA), New Delhi.
2. Objective: This programme has been designed to prepare the participants to make a greater contribution to better governance, and to inculcate and strengthen leadership qualities in the civil service. It provides an opportunity to the participants to analyze major contemporary issues in governance, learn about recent developments in the social sciences and their application in administration, review their experiences by making a critical analysis of environmental and other factors, apply relevant concepts, skills and techniques relating to policy, behavioral and administrative sciences and to demonstrate their creative and analytical abilities individually and in groups.
3. Course Content: The contents of Programme cover classroom studies relating to various facets of administration viz. Social, Political Economic, Legal and Administrative Systems, Organizational Behaviour, Social Science and Research Methods, Operational Research, Information Technology in Management and Financial Management. Participants will be required to conduct rural and urban field studies and prepare a project report and dissertation. The participants would be expected to select an area for specialization relevant to their present and likely future assignments.
4 Eligibility Conditions:
(a) Officers should be clear from vigilance angle.
(b) Officers should have put in at least 10 years of Group ‘A’ service (Class-I) and should be of the rank of Director/Deputy Secretary in Government of India or holding an equivalent post.
(c) Officers should not be more than 50 years of age as on 1.7.2023 (53 years in the case of officers belonging to SC/ST).
(d) The officer should not have undergone a training programme of 12 weeks or
greater duration, in India or abroad during a period of 5 years preceding the date of commencement of this programme. Further, the officer should not have
undergone a programme of training abroad of more than 2 weeks in preceding years, more than one month in the preceding 3 years or more than 6 months in
preceding 5 years.
5. Course fee and other financial commitments:- The sponsoring authority will have to meet the cost of following in respect of participants:
(a) An amount of Rs. 6,65,840/- (Rupees six lakh sixty five thousand eight hundred forty only) towards domestic component in respect of each participant will be remitted to Registrar, IIPA, New Delhi.
(b) An amount of Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees two lakh only) towards the preparation of dissertation /field visit, village study, urban study will be remitted to Registrar, ITPA, New Delhi.
(c) Salary and other allowances during the training period shall be as per entitlements, and
(d) Rs. 5,000/- (Rupees five thousand only) as onetime allowance for purchase of stationery.
6. Terms and conditions will be as under:
(i) The nominated officer should be clear from vigilance angle.
(ii) The period of their training will be treated as duty.
(iii) An ad-hoc allowance of Rs. 5,000/- for purchase of books, stationery etc. will be sanctioned to the participants by sponsoring authority from their contingent expenditure.
(iv) The officers coming from outside Delhi to participate in the programme will be allowed one of the following two options by the sponsoring authorities:-.
(a) The officers will be treated as on duty on tour. They will draw travelling allowance as on tour and allowances as per para II(a) of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure O.M. 19030/2/86-E-IV dated 24.03.86 as amended from time to time.
(b) The officers will be treated as on transfer. They will not be entitled to the Government accommodation at the original place of posting. Hey will draw the pay and allowances as admissible to them when they are posted to Delhi.
(v) In case an officer proceeding on training is a bonafide occupant of Government accommodation in the general pool controlled by the Directorate of Estate, he could retain the residential accommodation for the full period of training at his place of posting provided the residence is required for bonafide use of members of his family.
(vi) Officers entitled to the facility of residential telephone sanctioned to them will be allowed to retain the residential telephone on the usual terms for six months and thereafter on the condition that the officers will pay for all calls in excess of the free calls allowed by the Telecommunication Department as stipulated in the Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) Office Memorandum No.7 (10)-E (Co-ord)/79 dated 01.08.79 as amended from time to time.
(vii) The IPA may provide residential accommodation to the Institute’s Hostel at the prevailing rates to the participants from outside Delhi who desires such accommodation.
(vil) Officers who are CGHS beneficiaries in Delhi and at the other CGHS covered cities will be entitled to receive medical facilities under CGHS during the training period in Delhi provided they obtain the authority letter from the offices which have issued token cards to them. In respect of other officers, the Rules corresponding to their respective service conditions will be applicable.
(ix) The salary and other claims of the officers are to be paid by the Ministry/organization where they were last working before joining this programme.
(x) If the officer is on deputation, fees/any expenditure in connection with this programme and the pay and allowances during this training will be borne by the sponsoring organization
(xi) The attendance and leave shall be governed by the respective leave rules as applicable in the parent department of the participant(s) during the programme. Ordinarily Earned Leave shall not be granted to the participant(s) during the period of the programme.
(xi) All other rules/conditions mentioned in DOP&T’s letter No. F.No.T-22013/1/2023-IST/IIPA (49th APPPA) dated 21st April, 2023 (copy enclosed)
7. As this is a long term programme to be conducted for the Middle Management Level, it is very essential that officers deputed for this programme are of requisite caliber with appropriate administrative experience, and potential to make full use of long term training programme for the government.
8. The sponsoring railways/PUs should recommend only those Group ‘A’ central service officers who are likely to stay with the sponsoring railways/PUs for some more time. Officers, whose names have been recommended for central deputation, should not be nominated for the APPPA course. Failure to withdraw the names of officers on offer who are nominated for APPPA course, may result into debarment of officers for future central deputation for five years.
9. Bond to be executed by the applicant: Before joining the programme the officer is required to execute the bond (copy enclosed) to the extent “that in the event of APPPA participant failing the resume duty, or resigning or voluntarily retiring from service or otherwise quitting service, without returning to duty after expiry or termination of the period of training, or failing to complete the training programme, or quitting the service at any time within a period of five (5) years after the return to duty, he shall forthwith pay to the Government or as may be directed by the Government, on demand the said sum together with interest thereon from the date of demand at Government rates for the time being in force on Government loans.
10. All the nominations (in prescribed proforma) may be sent to the undersigned in Room No.359C, Rail Bhavan, Raisina Road, New Delhi-110001 with the approval of the General Manager/CAO/DG/Director and with the concurrence of PFA of the 2023/E(Trg)/10/4 concerned Railway/PUs latest by 22nd May, 2023. Nominations received after this may not be considered. Further, it is also advised to send one scanned copy (pdf format) to trainingbranch.rb[@]gmail.com.
11. It is pertinent to mention that before sending the application for programme, it must be ascertained that application forwarded has the approval of GM/CAO/DG/Director and concurrence of PFA as the same cannot be processed at Board office without approval of GM GM/CAO/DG/Director and concurrence of PFA.
DA: As Above
Signed by Jitendra Kumar
Date: 04-05-2023 16:18:43
Dy. Director Estt. (Training)
Ph. No. 011-23047251
Email id: [email protected]
Copy to: All Board Members, Railway Board and Secretary/Railway Board.