49th Advanced Professional Programme in Public Administration (APPPA) at Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA), New Delhi from July 1, 2023 to April 30, 2024 – DOPT invites nominations
F. No.T-22013/112023-IST/IIPA (49th APPPA)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Block-IV, Old JNU Campus,
New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110067
Dated: April 21, 2023
Subject: Inviting nominations for 49th Advanced Professional Programme in Public Administration (APPPA) at Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA), New Delhi from July 1, 2023 to April 30, 2024.
The 49111 Advanced Professional Programme in Public Administration (APPPA) will be conducted by Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA), New Delhi from July 1, 2023 to April 30, 2024.
2. Objective: The aim of this course is to prepare the participants to make greater contribution to governance in keeping with the maxim ‘Service first to the people’ and also to inculcate and strengthen leadership qualities in the civil service officers. The Programme seeks to develop interpersonal skills and sensitivity to the needs of the people with a view to making administration more responsive and result oriented. It provides an opportunity to the participants to analyze major contemporary issues in Governance, learn about recent developments in the social sciences and their application in administration; review their experiences by making a critical analysis of environmental and other factors, apply relevant concepts, skills and techniques relating to policy, behavioural and administrative sciences and to demonstrate their creative and analytical abilities individually and in groups.
3. Course Content: The contents of the Programme cover classroom studies relating to various facets of administration viz. Social, Political, Economic, Legal and Administrative Systems, Organizational Behaviour, Social Science and Research Methods, Operational Research, Information Technology in Management and Financial Management. Participants will be required to conduct rural and urban field studies and prepare a project report and dissertation. The participants would be expected to select an area for specialization relevant to their present and likely future assignments. The areas of specialization available for study in the Programme include:
“Advanced Information Technology and MIS, Comparative Development Experience, Computerized Project Management, Constitutional Law, Disaster Management, Economics of Regulation, Inter Governmental Relations, Management Systems, Organizational Needs Analysis, Public Expenditure Management, Public Organizational Theory and Total Quality Management, Finance, Personnel, Corporate or Public Sector Management, General Administration and Planning and Rural Development, etc.”
4. Course fee and other financial commitments: The sponsoring authorities will meet the cost for their respective participants in accordance with the following:-
(a) An amount of Rs. 6,65,840/- (Rupees six lakh sixty-five thousand eight hundred forty only) towards domestic component in respect of each participant will be remitted to Registrar, IIPA, New Delhi.
(b) An amount of Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees two lakh only) towards for preparation of dissertation/field visit, village study, urban study will be remitted to Registrar, IIPA, New Delhi.
(c) Salary and other allowances during the training period shall be as per entitlements, and
(d) Rs.5000/- (Rupees five thousand only) as onetime allowance for purchase of stationery.
5. Eligibility Conditions for application: The course is open to officers of All India Services, Central services (organized and non-organized, technical and non-technical) and State Services, subject to the following eligibility conditions:
|1.||Length of Service: The officer should have put in at least I 0 years of Group ‘A’ (class-I) service and should be of the rank of Director/Deputy Secretary in the Government of India or holding an equivalent post. The Programme is also open for senior officers (Group ‘A’) from State Services|
|2.||Age: The officers should not be more than 50 years of age as on 1-7-2023 (53 years in case of officers belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe)|
|3.||Earlier Trainings: The officers should not have undergone training Programme of 12-weeks or greater duration in India or abroad during a period of 5 years proceeding the date of commencement of this Programme. Further the officer should not have undergone a programme of training abroad for more than 2 weeks in preceding 2 years, more than one month in the preceding 3 years or more than 6 months in preceding 5 years.|
6. Other conditions for the Programme: In case of officers, sponsored by the Government of India to this programme, the following conditions will apply:
(i) The nominated officer should be clear from vigilance angle.
(ii) The entire period of training will be treated as duty under FR 9(6)(b)(i).
(iii) The vacancy caused by the deputation of officers can be filled up by the Ministries/Departments.
(iv) An ad-hoc allowance of Rs.5,000/- (Rs. Five thousand only) for purchase of books, stationery etc. will be sanctioned to the participants by Ministries/Departments/Offices from their contingent expenditure.
(v) The entire period of the training will be excluded for the purpose of computing the tenure of the officer at the centre irrespective of whether the officer was on his first or subsequent deputation to the centre. If the selection for APPPA Course is towards the end of the tenure, the officer will get extension of tenure till the end of the course i.e. if the tenure of an officer who is attending the APPPA course is to end anytime during the course/training period, it is to be treated that the officer had proceeded on training towards the end of the tenure and in such cases, extension in tenure would be given till the end of the APPPA Course only. The concerned Administrative Ministry/Department will take necessary action in obtaining the NOC from the Office of the Establishment Officer, DoPT.
(vi) It may, however, be noted that officers appointed under the Central Staffing Scheme should obtain ‘NOC’ of EO’s Office before applying/attending the APPPA course. For grant of NOC, a proposal with the approval of the competent authority needs to be sent to EO Division. Further, extension/exclusion of the period of the Course from the Central deputation tenure of the officer is not automatic. The administrative Ministry/Department concerned should send a proper proposal for exclusion/extension of the training period from the central deputation tenure of the officer with the approval of the Minister-in-Charge.
(vii) The officers on central deputation under Central Staffing Scheme will be eligible to apply for this programme only if they have completed a minimum of two years on Central Deputation as on the date of commencement of the programme.
(viii) For the grant of special pay/CDTA, the participants will be regulated as under:-
(a) The officers who proceed for training under their tenure of Central Deputation and are in receipt of Central deputation (Tenure allowance) will be entitled to CDTA for the period for which they are entitled to Central Deputation (Tenure Allowance) against Central deputation tenure. If any period of training falls beyond the tenure of Central deputation or if the officers proceed for training at the end of their tenure at the Centre, CDTA will not be admissible. It may be noted that the tenure of central deputation in so far as it relates to this programme, would also include the period of leave up to 2 months that may be granted by the central Ministry/Department to the officers before their repatriation to their parent cadre.
(b) The officers not on Central deputation and also not in receipt of CDTA, whether they proceed on training from Delhi, or outside Delhi will not be entitled to any special pay drawn before proceeding for the training.
(ix) Officers of the Central Government, State Government and Union Territories coming from outside Delhi to participate in the programme will be allowed one of the following two options by the sponsoring authorities:-
(a) The officers will be treated as on duty on tour. They will draw travelling allowance as on tour and allowances as per para II(a) of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure O.M. 19030/2/86-E-IV dated 24.3.86 as amended from time to time.
(b) The officers will be treated as on transfer. They will not be entitled to the Government accommodation at the original place of posting. They will draw the pay and allowances as admissible to them when they are posted to Delhi.
(x) In case an officer proceeding on training is a bonafide occupant of Government accommodation in the general pool controlled by the Directorate of Estate, he could retain the residential accommodation for the full period of training at his place of posting provided the residence is required for bonafide use of members of his family.
(xi) The IIPA may provide residential accommodation in the Institute’s Hostel at the prevailing rates to the participants from outside Delhi who desire such accommodation.
(xii) Officers of the Central Government entitled to facility of residential telephone at the time of joining this programme will be allowed to retain the residential telephone sanctioned to them on usual terms for six months and thereafter on the condition that the officers will pay all calls in excess of the free calls allowed by the Telecommunication Department as stipulated in Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) O.M. No. 7(10)E(Coord)/79 dated 1st August, 1979 as amended from time to time.
(xiii) Officers who are CGHS beneficiaries in Delhi and at the other CGHS covered cities will be entitled to receive medical facilities under the CGHS during the training period in Delhi provided they obtain the authority letters from the offices which have issued token cards to them. In respect of other Officers, the Rules corresponding to their respective service conditions shall be applicable.
(xiv) The salary and other claims of the officers are to be paid by the Ministry/Department/Office where they were last working before joining this programme. Sponsoring authorities are requested to issue suitable instructions on this behalf.
(xv) The attendance and leave shall be governed by the respective leave rules as applicable in the parent department of the participant(s) during the programme. Ordinarily Earned Leave shall not be granted to the participants(s) during the period of the programme.
7. Nomination and Selection Process: The Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) should recommend only those Groups ‘A’ central service officers who are likely to stay with the CCA for some more time. Officers, whose names have been recommended for central deputation, should not be nominated for the APPPA course. The nominating authority must give a certificate to this effect in the enclosed form. Failure to withdraw the names of officers on offer who are nominated for APPPA course, may result into debarment of officers for future central deputation for five years.
8. As this is a long term programme to be conducted for the middle management level, it is essential that officers deputed for this programme are of the requisite caliber with appropriate administrative experience, and potential to make full use of the long term training programme for the Government. It is, therefore, requested that the above-mentioned criteria of selection are borne in mind while nominating officers to this programme.
9. Bond to be executed by the applicant: Before joining the programme the officer is required to execute a bond (copy enclosed) to the extent “that in the event of APPPA participant failing to resume duty, or resigning or voluntarily retiring from service or otherwise quitting service, without returning to duty after expiry or termination of the period of training, or failing to complete the training programme, or quitting the service at any time within a period of five (5) years after the return to duty, he shall forthwith pay to the Government or as may be directed by the Government, on demand the said sum together with interest thereon from the date of demand at Government rates for the time being in force on Government loans.”
10. Conditions of relaxation of the Rules and Provisions with regard to APPPA course will be considered only by the Competent Authority.
11. Nominations of suitable officers in the enclosed Application Form may be sent to Under Secretary (IST/IIPA), Department of Personnel and Training, Training Division, Block – IV, Floor, Old JNU Campus, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110067 on or before May 31, 2023. Nominations received after this date may not be considered. It is also requested to obtain cadre clearance and other clearances in respect of the officer(s) to be nominated for the programme. In case of IAS officers, who are on central deputation, the concurrence of the State Government concerned on whose strength the officer is borne, shall also be obtained.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
BOND TO BE EXECUTED BY A GOVERNMENT SERVANT BEFORE PROCEEDING FOR Advanced Professional Program in Public Administration (APPPA) at the Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi.
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS THAT I, ——————————–, resident of ———————————————————-, at present employed as ——————————— in the Ministry/Department/State Government/Organization————————————————–, do hereby bind myself and my heirs, executors and administrators to pay to the President of India (hereinafter called the ‘Government’) on demand, ‘all charges and expenses’ that shall or may have been incurred by the Government for my training i.e. all monies paid to me or expended on my account during training such as pay and allowances, leave salary, cost of fee, travelling and other expenses, cost of international travel and cost of training abroad met by the govt./agency concerned, etc. at the Indian Institute of Public Administration IIPA, New Delhi, together with interest thereon from the date of demand at Government rates, for the time being in force, on Government loans or, if payment is made in a country other than India, the equivalent of the said amount in currency of that country converted at the official rate of exchange between that country and India AND TOGETHER with all costs between the attorney and the client.
WHEREAS I, ————————————-, am being deputed for training for APPPA Training Programme at IIPA, New Delhi which includes 2 weeks international exposure.
AND WHEREAS for the better protection of the Government I have agreed to execute this bond with such conditions as written hereunder:
NOW THE CONDITION OF THE ABOVE WRITTEN OBLIGATION IS THAT, in the event of my failing to resume duty, or resigning or retiring from service or otherwise quitting service, without returning to duty after expiry or termination of the period of training, OR failing to complete the training programme, OR quitting the service at any time within a period of FIVE (5) years after my return to duty, I shall forthwith pay to the Government or as may be directed by the Government, on demand the said sum together with interest thereon from the date of demand at Government rates for the time being in force on Government loans.
AND upon my making such payment the above written obligations shall be void and of no effect, otherwise it shall be and remain in full force and virtue.
The Bond shall in all respects be governed by the laws of India for the time being in force and the rights and liabilities hereunder shall, where necessary, be accordingly determined by the appropriate Courts of India.
The Government of India has agreed to bear the stamp duty payable on this bond.
Signed and delivered this the —————day of ————– month of the year Two Thousand and —————-
Signed and delivered by —————————- (Name and designation)
In the presence of ———- and ———
on behalf of the President of India by the Cadre Controlling Authority