Central Civil Accounts Service (Private Secretary) Group ‘B’ post Recruitment Rules 2023 – Gazette Notification dated 24.04.2023
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CONTROLLER GENERAL OF ACCOUNTS
MAHALEKHA NIYANTRAK BHAWAN
GPO COMPLEX, BLOCK-E, INA
Dated: 3, May, 2023
Subject:- Notification of the Central Civil Accounts Service (Private Secretary) Group ‘B’ post, Recruitment Rules 2023 – reg.
I am directed to state that the “Central Civil Accounts Service (Private Secretary) Group ‘B’ post, Recruitment Rules 2023” have been published in “The Gazette of India: Extraordinary” bearing G.S.R 312(E) and came into force with effect from the date of publication of these Recruitment Rules. A copy of notification is circulated herewith for information to all stakeholders.
(C K Salwan)
Sr. Accounts Officer(HR-4)
Encl.: As above.
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Expenditure)
(CONTROLLER GENERAL OF ACCOUNTS)
New Delhi, the 24th April, 2023
GSR. 312(E). – In exercise of the powers conferred by the provisio to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of the Central Civil Accounts Service (Private Secretary) Recruitment Rules, 2002 except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Private Secretary in the Central Civil Accounts Service, namely:-
1. Short title and Commencement.— (1) These rules may be called the Central Civil Accounts Service (Private Secretary) Group ‘B’ post, Recruitment Rules, 2023.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, classification and level in the pay matrix.— The number of post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc— The method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
4. Liability for service in any part of India— (1) The Private Secretary shall be liable to serve in any part of India.
(2) The Controller General of Accounts may, if satisfied that it is necessary or expedient in public interest so to do, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing, transfer the Private Secretary on request by officer from one Ministry to the other in the same grade. The transfer of the Private Secretary in such cases shall not affect his or her seniority in his or her grade.
5. Disqualification— No person.—
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage, and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
6. Power to relax— Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing and in consultation with Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
7. Savings.—Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of Post.||Number of Post.||Clarification.|
|Private Secretary||37*(2022) *subject to variation dependent on work load.||General Central Service, Group ‘B’ Ministerial, Gazetted|
|Level in pay matrix||Whether selection or Non-selection post.||Age-limit for direct recruits|
|Level-7 (Rs.44900-142400/-)||Selection||Not applicable|
|Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotes||Period of probation, if any|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Method of recruitment, whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/ absorption and percentage of vacancies to be filled by various methods.||In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation or absorption, grade from which promotion or deputation or transfer or absorption to be made.|
|By promotion failing which by deputation.||
Stenographer Grade I in the level-6 (Rs. 35400 – 112400/-) in the pay matrix with five years regular service in the grade.
Note: Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors would also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years, whichever is less and have successfully completed their probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service.
(a) Officers holding the post of Stenographer under the Central Government
(i) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or department; or
(ii) with five years regular service in the Stenographers grade in the level-6 (Rs. 35400 – 112400/-) in the pay matrix or equivalent in the parent cadre or department.
Note 1: The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, the deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Note 2: The period of deputation including the period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed three years.
Note 3: The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding fifty six years as on the last date of receipt of applications.
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition thereof.||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission to be consulted in making recruitment.|
Group ‘B’ Departmental Promotional Committee (for considering promotion) consisting of: –
(1) Joint Controller General of Accounts — Chairman:
(2) Chief Controller of Accounts or Controller of Accounts – Member; and
(3) Chief Controller of Accounts or Controller of Accounts — Member.
Consultation with Union Public Service Commission is not necessary.
[F. No. NGE-13007/1/2020-NGE-CGA]
SHAILENDRA KUMAR, Jt. Controller General of Accounts