Streamlined Selection Process for MTS, Postman, and Mail Guard Positions through Single Examination
F. No. 17-08/2018-SpN-I
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Mars
October 31, 2023
- All Chief Postmasters General / All postmasters General
- CGM, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
- Sr. DDG (PAF) / All General Managers (Finance), Directors Postal Accounts/DAP
- Director, RAKNPA / Directors of all PTCs
- Addl. Director General, Army postal Service, New Delhi
- Chief Engineer, Civil/ Electrical Wing
Subject: Procedure for selection of candidate based on single examination for the posts of MTS / Postman / Mail Guard – reg.
Madam / Sir,
I am directed to refer to Directorate’s letter of even number dated 18.10.2023 on the above mentioned subject conveying the procedure to be followed for selection of candidate for appointment as Postman / Mail Guard / MTS and to convey following clarifications:-
(a) A candidate opting both Postman Cadre and Mail Guard Cadre shall give order of preference for these two cadres. If a candidate has given 1st preference to Postman Cadre then he/she will be considered against the vacancy of Postman in the opted Division / Units in the given Order of Preference and in case not atloned to any of such opted Division / Units, then he/she will be considered against the vacancy of Mail Guard in the opted Division / Units in the given Order of Preference.
(b) A candidate opting postman and/or Mail Guard cadre and MTS cadre shall be first considered against the vacancy of postman and/or Mail Guard cadre as opted as per (a) above and in case not allotted to any of such opted cadre, then he/she will be considered against the vacancy of MTS Cadre in the opted Division / Units in the given Order of Preference.
2. It is requested to bring these instructions to the notice of all concemed.
(Satya Narayana Dash)
- Director (DE), Dak Bhawan.
- GM, CEPT for uploading the order on India post website.