Revision in the marking system for exams conducted during Induction training of Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant (Direct recruit and Departmental)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
Dated : 28.12.2020
Subject: Revision in the marking system for exams conducted during Induction training of Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant (Direct recruit and Departmental).
In continuation of the instructions contained in this Division’s letter no. even dated 17-04-2009 and 06-08-2020, it is informed that over all qualifying marks for successful completion of Induction training of Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant (Direct recruit and Departmental) will henceforth now be 50%.
2. Suitable modifications in respect of Probation and confirmation of Direct recruit PAs/ SAs, as contained in Postal Directorate’s letter no. 37-47/20 1 0-SPB-T dated 16-04-2015, shall deemed to have been made by issue of this order. Qualifying test of candidates, who failed to obtain revised prescribed marks for passing an exam during Induction training, shall continue to be held as per provisions contained in this Division’s letter no. 01-22/2010-Trg. dated 22-03-2017 and revised prescribed marks for passing Qualifying test shall be 50% for each of the Qualifying tests separately.
3. In respect of Induction training for PAs/ SAs (Direct recruit and Departmental), it is herein after provided that “lf a trainee leaves the training after getting the training upto the modules covered in exam-I and exam-2 besides scoring minimum of 50% marks, the trainee may be re-deputed for training along with next batch of Induction training for Direct recruit/LGO qualified employees, as the case may be, for the remaining module. However, if a trainee only remains absent in final test due to unavoidable circumstances, he may be allowed to appear in the final test conducted for the next batch of Induction training for Direct recruit/LGO qualified employees, as the case may be, and his result may be prepared taking into account his earlier performance in exam- I and exam-2.”
4. These instructions shall be applicable from the date of issue of this letter.
DOG (Training & Welfare)
Copy for information and necessary action to:-
- CPMsG , All Circles.
- Regional PMsG, Bareilly, UP Circle/ Northern Region, Muzzaffarpur, Bihar Circle/ COHQ Region, Assam Circle/ Vadodara Region, Gujarat Circle/ SK Region, Karnataka Circle/ Southern Region , Tamil Nadu Circle.
- GM, CEPT, Mysore, with a request to upload the letter on the India Post Website under “Training Module”. Duly filled prescribed annexure is enclosed with this letter.
- DOG (P), Postal Directorate, New Delhi .
- Director, All PTCs.
- Incharge, RTC , Nashik.
- Office copy.