Extension of timelines for generation, recording of PAR for the year 2020-21
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Dated 29th April, 2021
The Chief Secretaries of States / UTs
Subject: Extension of timelines for generation recording of PAR for the year 2020-21 in respect of AIS officers by the reporting / reviewing / accepting authorities — reg.
Sir / Madam,
I am directed to refer to the relevant provisions for recording of PAR under AIS (PAR) Rules, 2007 as amended including also the provisions regarding the reporting / reviewing / accepting authorities to record PAR not after one month of their retirement.
2. In view of the pandemic caused by spread of COVID-19, AIS officers are involved in various activities relating to management and control of the pandemic, continuance of essential services and maintenance of law & order etc. Further, most of the government offices, except those involved in essential services and law order, are either closed or working with skeletal strength.
3. In light of the exigent situation. the timelines for online generation of PAR and subsequent reporting, reviewing and accepting of PAR is revised for the year 2020-21, in relaxation of rule 5(1) read with Schedule 2 of AIS (PAR) Rules so as to give sufficient time to each authority, as indicated below:-
|Activity||Cut off dates|
|Blank PAR form to be given to the officer upon by the Administration Division/ Personnel Department specifying the reporting officer and reviewing Authority||1st April, 2021||1st June, 2021|
|Self Appraisal for current year||31st May, 2021||30th June, 2021|
|Appraisal by Reporting Authority||31st July, 2021||31st August, 2021|
|Appraisal by Reviewing Authority||30th September, 2021||15th October, 2021|
|Appraisal by Accepting Authority||31st December, 2021||31st December, 2021|
4. Further, it has also been decided with the approval of competent authority that the extended timelines specified above shall also apply to the reporting, reviewing and accepting authorities, who have demitted office or retired from the service on or after 28 02.2021 They shall be allowed to record their remarks till the respective extended cut-off dates.
5 Notwithstanding anything contained herein, no remarks may be recorded after
31st December, 2021 in the PAR of AIS officers for the PAR year 2020-21, in accordance with the 2nd proviso of the AIS (PAR) rules, 2007, as amended.
6. The aforesaid relaxation is accorded as one-time measure only.
7. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
Section Officer (AIS.II)
Copy for information and necessary action to:
- All the Ministries / Department of Government of India
- The Ministry of Home Affairs, being cadre controlling authority for IPS. North Block, New Delhi
- The Ministry of Environment. Forest & CC, being cadre controlling authority for IFoS. Lodhi Road, Jor Bagh, New Delhi.
- Under Secretary (EO/PR), DoPT, North Block, New Delhi.
- NIC, DoPT- for uploading on the website of DoPT.
- ADG Media, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi – for wide circulation.
DOPT (Click to view/download the PDF)