Maintenance of Service Book of the employees of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
नवोदय विद्यालय समिति
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
शिक्षा मंत्रालय, भारत सरकार
Ministry of Education, Government of India
(स्कूल शिक्षा और साक्षरता विभाग)
(Department of School Education & Literacy)
बी-15, इन्स्टीट्युशनल एरिया, सेक्टर 62, नोएडा
B-15, Institutional Area, Sector-62, Noida
गौतम बुद्ध नगर, उत्तर प्रदेश – 201309
Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh -201309
URL: www. navodaya.gov.in
The Deputy Commissioner,
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
All Regional Offices/NLIs
Sub: Maintenance of Service Book of the NVS employees – reg.
Sir / Madam,
It has been brought to the notice of this Office that in certain cases, service book of employees are not properly maintained and not updated from time to time. Further, it was also reported that, incomplete service books were forwarded to the new place of posting and in some cases, the service books were not even forwarded and as a result new service books were opened without the service history of previous posting which had deprived the employees from getting retirement benefits for their past services rendered. The competent authority has taken a very serious note of this and directed that the service books of all the employees are to be maintained and updated timely and properly.
Accordingly, the following instructions are given for effective maintenance of service books: –
- Service book should be opened on the same date on initial joining of every employee and all the relevant details are to be entered in the service. book by the dealing officials and certified by the officers concerned.
- Updating of service books is to be done on day to basis. The updated service book must be shown to every employee at least twice in a year, preferably in the month of January / July and the employee concerned must verify the entries and acknowledge the same by affixing his/her signature with date and mentioning “No Change”, if entries are found correct. In case of any discrepancies, the same may be verified and necessary corrections may be carried out by the concerned Officer/ Dealing Assistant immediately after verifying the relevant documents/ records.
- In case of any change in place of posting (on account of transfer/ Promotion / direct recruitment) an updated & completed service book should be forwarded to the new place of posting by the parent Vidyalaya/ Office within a week from the date of relieving of the employee concerned.
- Service Books should also be digitised for easy reference and to avoid problems in case of loss of Service Books.
- The details of maintaining service book at different level are furnished below: –
|S. No.||Category of employees||To be maintained by|
|1.||Up to the level of PGTs of JNVs||Vidyalaya level|
|2.||Vice Principal and Principal of JNVs and up to the level of Assistants Commissioners of ROs||RO Level|
|3.||Deputy Commissioners of Regional Offices /NLIS and staff of NYS (Hqrs)||NVS (Hqrs.)|
|4.||All employees of NLI (JNV / Haqrs. Cadre) other than DC||NLI concerned|
- A certificate regarding confirmation of availability and updation of service Books for all employees is to be sent every year to Regional Office by JNVs. A consolidated intimation stating completion of the updation of service books of employees of JNVs and ROs is to be sent to Establishment-III Section of NVS (Hqrs.) and Deputy Commissioner (Admn) respectively. Deputy Commissioners of NLI will directly submit the certificate in this regard to the Deputy Commissioner (Admn.). This exercise is to be completed in the month of May every year.
This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Assistant Commissioner (Admn)
- Consultant (E-III), NVS Hars. – with a request to kindly ensure compliance of above instructions in respect of the employees of JNVs.
- The Principal of all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
- AC(IT), NVS hqrs. – With the request to kindly upload this on the website of the Samiti.
Source: Click here to view/download PDF