Unauthorized absence from duty in light of proposed agitational programmes by AICAO (Sr.AOs/AOs) Association (unrecognized) and AICA Gr. ‘B’ Gazetted (AAOs) Association shall be deemed to cause break in service under FR 17(A).
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Controller General of Accounts
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan
E Block, GPO Complex, INA
New Delhi- 110023
Dated: 25th Feb, 2022
Subject: Proposed wearing black badge & lunch hour meeting by AICAO (Sr.AOs/AOs) Association and AICA Gr.’B’ Gazetted (AAOs) Association.
AICAO (Sr.AOs & AOs) Association (unrecognized) has given notice regarding observing “Week Long Resentment” by wearing black badges/ribbons while attending duties and responsibilities in their respective offices from 28.02.2022 to 04.03.2022 with reference to the issues of CCAS Cadre. In addition to this AICA Gr.’B’ Gazetted (AAOs) Association (recognition expired on 30.11.2021) has also given notice to mark resentment by wearing black badges/ribbons and to assemble during the lunch hour at the premises of their respective offices / the venue of Civil Accounts Day on 01.03.2022.
2. Attention is invited to the provisions of Government of India (Ministry of Home Affairs) OM No. 25/23/66-Estt(A) dated 09.12.1966 (reproduced as G.I. decision No, 2 below Rule 7 of CCS (Conduct) Rules, which inter-alia provides that under Rule 7 (ii) of rules ibid, a Government servant shall NOT resort to or in any way abet any form of strike in connection with any matter pertaining to his service or the service of any other Government employees. If any Government servant resorts to any action in violation of Rule 7 (ii) of CCS (Conduct) Rules, disciplinary action would have to be taken against him.
3. Attention is also invited to proviso to FR 17(1) according to which any employee(s) who is absent from duty without permission shall not be entitled to any pay and allowances during the period of absence. Further, unauthorized absence shall be deemed to cause an interruption or break in service of the employee under FR 17(A).
4. The above instructions may be brought to the notice of staff working under your control. All the Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs are requested to deal with the cases in respect of employees, who resort to action as above in the light of above referred instructions.
This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
(C K Salwan)
Sr. Accounts Officer
- All Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs
- ACGA (Admin.). O/o CGA for taking appropriate action.
- IT Division to upload the aforesaid O.M. on the official website of the CGA. Click here to view/download PDF