eAPY – Ease of onboarding through Aadhaar: PFRDA Circular with process flow of eAPY registration and workflow
पेंशन निधि विनियामक एवं विकास प्राधिकरण
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
CIR No.: PFRDA/2022/08/SUP-CRA/02
21 April 2022
Prospective APY Subscribers, APY-SPs
& other stake holders for information
Subject: eAPY – Ease of onboarding through Aadhaar
The Government of India introduced Atal Pension Yojana (APY) for a pension inclusive society wherein every Indian Citizen who belong to the unorganized sector can secure their old age Income. The scheme administered by PFRDA under its administrative and overarching architecture of the NPS through Banks and Branches of Dept. of Post, which are acting as APY Service Providers (APY-SP).
2. As of now, the enrollment under the scheme occurs through physical, net banking or other digital modes provided by the respective APY-SPs. Now in order to increase the outreach and further simplify the process of subscription, PCRA (Protean e-Governance Technologies Central Recordkeeping agency) has provided eAPY, the digital on boarding facility through Aadhaar eKYC/XML as an additional option. eAPY offers seamless digital enrollment without the need to visit the one’s bank branch, thus saving time, effort, cost and offers a great convenience.
3. The process flow of eAPY registration and workflow at the end of APY- SPs are provided at the Annexures A & B.
- Offline XML based Aadhar KYC (A)
- Online Aadhaar based eKYC (B)
There are no additional charges for availing the facility.
4. The Subscribers who prefer eAPY as a mode of registration need to ensure the following:
- The demographic information provided at the time of registration through e APY by using e KYC/XML matches with the information available in Bank records.
- The SB Account should have sufficient balance towards the 1st installment of APY contribution as per the choice of pension between Rs 1000 – Rs 5000.
- APY Account activated after authentication of the information viz Name and Date of Birth fetched from Aadhaar.
- Online registration rejected by the respective Banks informed, with the reasons of rejection to those Subscribers to resubmit their requests after rectification.
5. All APY-Service Provider Banks are encouraged to provide eAPY link (https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/ApySubRegistration.html) in their respective corporate website for the benefit of their customers and facilitate the eligible customers with ease of on boarding.
(K. Mohan Gandhi)
Chief General Manager
Source: Click to view/download PDF