Instruction Acceptance of fees by Central Government employees – Supplementary (Amendment) Rules, 2021.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Old JNU Campus
New Delhi, dated 08.09.2022
Subject:- Instructions regarding acceptance of fees by Central Government employees (other than acceptance of fees by Medical Officers in civil employ) – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. No. 16013/1/93- Estt.(Allowances) dated 21.1.1998 relating to acceptance of fees by Central Govt. employees (other than acceptance of fees by medical Officers in civil employ) and to say that the fee limit for occasional and casual work performed outside the office hours under SR12, unless otherwise provided, has been enhanced from Rs 1500 to Rs 5000 in a financial year w.e.f. 15.11.2021 vide Gazette Notification No. S.O. 4829(E) dated 15.11.2021 (copy enclosed).
2. The other terms & conditions shall remain to be the same.
3. In so far as the personnel of the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
- All Ministries / Departments of Govt. of India.
- NIC with a request to upload the O.M. on the website of DoPT.
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
(Department of Personnel and Training)
New Delhi, the 15th November, 2021
S.O. 4829(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 read with clause (3) of article 148 of the Constitution and after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India in relation to the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, the President hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Supplementary Rules namely: –
l. (1) These rules may be called the Supplementary (Amendment) Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Supplementary Rules, for supplementary rule 12, the following shall be substituted, namely:-
“SR. 12. — unless the President by special order otherwise directs, one third of any fees in excess of Rs.5000/- paid to a Government servant in a financial year shall be credited to the Consolidated Fund of India.”
RASHMI CHOWDHARY, Addl. Secy.
Note: The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Part-II, Section 3, Sub-section (11) and were amended for first time vide S.O. No. 2358 dated the 28.08.1981 and last amended vide notification number S.O. No. 747 dated 30.03.2001.
Source: Click to view/download PDF