Payment on Dress Allowance of Agniveers enrolled under the Agnipath Scheme, 2022 – MoD, Department of Military Affairs order dated 05.12.2022
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Military Affairs
New Delhi, dated 05 December, 2022
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Subject: Payment on Dress Allowance of Agniveers enrolled under the Agnipath Scheme, 2022.
I am directed to refer to Ministry of Defence letter no. DMA/ JS(N&DS)/2021/Agnipath-01 dated 15.06.2022 on the above subject and to state that in pursuance of the Government’s decision to implement the Agnipath Scheme, 2022, the rate of Dress allowance in respect of an Agniveer has been finalised, which shall be as follows:
(a) Rate of Dress allowance:
|S. No.||Category of Employee||Rate per annum (in Rs.)|
|1||Agniveer enrolled under Agnipath Scheme, 2022||10,000/-|
(b) The amount of Dress Allowance shall be credited to the Agniveer’s Bank account directly in the month of July. The disbursement of the payment of Dress Allowance has been explained below with an example:
|1||Agniveer joins training on 01 Noy 2022||Dress will be provided by the Govt.|
|2||Agniveers reports to the Units on 01 May 2023 on completion of training||Proportionate payment for months of May 23 & June 23 = Rs. (10000*2/12) = Rs. 1667/-|
|3||Payment on July 2023||Rs. 10,000|
|4||Payment on July 2024||Rs. 10,000|
|5||Payment on July 2025||Rs. 10,000|
|6||Payment on July 2026||Proportionate payment for 4 months from July, 2026 to Oct 2026 = Rs. (10000*4/12) = Rs. 3333/-|
(c) This allowance covers only the basic uniform of the Agniveer. Any special clothing jike that provided at Siachen Glacier or inside submarine will be provided additionally.
(d) During the training period the dress will be issued to the Agniveers at Govt Cost.
(e) Service Head Quarters (SHQs) to promulgate with the approval of concerned administrative Ministry the list of dress/ uniform/ items covered under the dress allowance and not provided by the Govt.
(f) Service Head Quarters (SHQs) to promulgate with the approval of concerned administrative Ministry, the list of clothing entitled for special forces/ aviation Extreme Cold Climate (ECC) / Siachen Glacier etc. to be provided by the Govt.
2. Recovery of Dress Allowance: In case of Agniveers Existing under own accord/ deserters the dress allowance will be recovered at the following rate:-
- Exiting under own accord/ deserters in the month-July to September — Rs. 5000.
- Exiting under own accord/ deserters in the month October to December — Rs. 2500
- Exiting under own accord/ deserters in the month January to June — NIL
3. No recovery of Dress Allowance is to be made in the case of death of an Agniveer/ invalidment through causes beyond his/her control.
4. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Division of this Ministry vide their I.D. No. 377/2022-AG/PD of R.F.2(6)/2022-AG/PD dated 05.12.2022.