Reiteration of instructions relating to reservation in temporary appointments: DoP&T OM
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 21 November, 2022
Subject:- Reiteration of instructions relating to reservation in temporary appointments – regarding
The undersigned is directed to say that vide OM No. 27/4/67(II)-Estt.(SCT) dated 24.09.1968, reservation for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes has been provided in all temporary appointments, except the appointments which are to last for less than 45 days. Vide OM No. 36036/3/2018-Estt (Res.) dated 15.5.2018, it has been reiterated that in respect of appointments to Central Government posts and services, there shall be reservation for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class candidates in temporary appointments which are to last for 45 days or more.
2. The Parliamentary Committee on the Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes has, however, observed that the instructions contained in the aforesaid OMs are not followed in letter and spirit and has directed that these instructions may be recirculated to all Government Departments.
3. In view of the above, all the Ministries/Departments are requested to ensure that reservation for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes shall be made in all temporary appointments which are to last for 45 days or more. These instructions should be conveyed to all concerned for strict compliance.
(Sign of Authority)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
- The Secretaries of all Ministries/Departments of the Government of India
- The Chairman, Railway Board, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
- National Commission for Scheduled Caste, Lok Nayak Bhavan, New Delhi.
- National Commission for Scheduled Tribes, Lok Nayak Bhavan, ‘New Delhi.
- National Commission for Backward Classes, Trikoot-I, Bhikaji Cama Place, Delhi
- Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India
- Supreme Court of India/ Election Commission/ Lok Sabha Secretariat/ Rajya Sabha Secretariat/ Cabinet Secretariat/ Central Vigilance Commission/ President’s Secretariat/ Vice President’s Secretariat/ Prime Minister’s Office/ Niti Ayog
- Union Public Service Commission/ Staff Selection Commission
- Director, ISTM, Old JNU Campus, Olof Palme Marg, New Delhi-110067
- Information and Facilitation Centre, DOPT. North Block, New Delhi
- NIC, for placing this O.M. in the website of the Department.
- Hindi Section for providing a Hindi translation.