Recruitment Rule: Multi Tasking Staff in the Lokpal – Gazette Notification
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
(Department of Personnel and Training)
New Delhi, the 5th January, 2021
G.S.R. 6(E) .- In pursuance of the powers conferred by sub-section (3) of section 10 read with section 59 of Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 (1 of 2014), the Central Government hereby makes following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Multi Tasking Staff in the Lokpal, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.– (1) These rules may be called the Lokpal (Multi Tasking Staff, Group ‘C’ posts) Recruitment Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification, level in the pay matrix.– The number of post, its classification, and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc. – The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
4. Disqualification.- No person, –
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.- Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving.- Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Schedule Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, Ex-Servicemen and other special categories of persons, in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of Post||Number of Post||Classification||Level in pay matrix||Whether selection post or non-selection post||Age-limit for direct recruits|
|Multi Tasking Staff||112* (2021) *Subject to variation dependent on workload.||General Central Service, Group ‘C’, Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial.||Level 1 in the pay matrix (Rs.18000- 56900)||Not applicable||Between 18 and 27 years of age. Relaxable for Government Servants up to forty years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government. Note: The crucial date for determining the age-limit shall be as advertised by the Lokpal.|
|Educational and other qualifications required for direct recuits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation, if any|
|Matriculation from a recognised Board||Not applicable||Two years|
|Method of recruitment, whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods||In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation/absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation to be made|
50 per cent. by direct recruitment; and
50 per cent. by deputation/ absorption
Officials of the Central Government or Judicial or quasi-judicial bodies,-
(a) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the present cadre or department; and
(b) possessing the qualifications prescribed for direct recruits under column (7).
Note 1: The period of deputation including the period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed three years.
Note 2:The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation shall not be exceeding fifty-six years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment|
|Group ‘C’ Departmental Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation) consisting of:-||Not applicable.|
[FILE NO. 407/22/2019-AVD-IV(LP)]
RASHMI CHOWDHARY, Addl.Secy.