Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of LTC Fare – FAQ – 4 by Finmin
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 10th March, 2021
Subject: Clarification regarding queries being received in respect of Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of Leave Travel Concession Fare for Central Government Employees during the block 2018-21.
The undersigned is directed to say that this Department has been receiving a number of queries relating to Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of Leave Travel Concession Fare for Central Government Employees during the block 2018-21 announced by the Government on 12th October, 2020. Three sets of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) have already been clarified vide this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 20th October 2020, 10th November 2020 and 25th November 2020 on the subject mentioned above.
2. A further set of frequently asked questions have been clarified and are attached herewith at Annexure-‘ A’.
3. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India.
- LTC Special Cash Package – Important points to be adhered to while submitting the claims
- Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of Leave Travel Concession Fare : Finmin clarification
- Submission of final adjustment claims on account of Special Cash Package in lieu of LTC for the block year 2018-2021 (All India/Home Town)
- FAQ-03 : Special cash package equivalent in lieu of leave Travel Concession Fare during the Block 2018-21 : CGDA letter dt 26-11-2020
- Frequently Asked Questions on queries being received in respect of Special cash package equivalent of Leave Travel Concession Fare
- LTC Cash Voucher Scheme : Frequently Asked Question, (FAQ)
Annexure – ‘A’
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ-4)
|1||Whether the full and final settlement of the bills pertaining to LTC Cash Scheme is also to be ensured by 31st March, 2021, without any scope of spill over to the next financial year?||As far as possible, the claims should be made and settled well before 31st March, 2021, Ministries/ Departments may consider settlement of only those claims/ purchases made on or before 31st March, 2021 beyond the due date, i.e. 31st March, 2021.|
|2||Whether payment detail of digital instrument used for making payment against this scheme is to be furnished by the employee, along with the claim?||It is clarified that it is for the competent authority of concerned Deptt/PAO to decide on additional document for checking the veracity of claim.|
|3||Is the scheme admissible if payment is made digitally through friend, relative or any other person?||It has already been clarified in point 12 of the FAQ issued vide O.M No. 12(2)/2020-E.II.A dated 20.10.2020 that for digital payment an employee can use credit card of himself/herself, spouse or any family member.|
|4||For newly recruited officials having three Hometown LTC and one all India LTC, can they avail Special Cash Package for year 2020 in 2021 (upto 31.03.2021) if item is purchased after 31.12.2020 but before 31.03.2021, that is without prior intimation to office?||A newly recruited employee, whose LTC expires in December, 2020 which remains unutilized, may be allowed to claim the cash package in lieu of that LTC till 31st March, 2021.|
|5||Portion of the payment was made in cash as against digital payment for the entire transaction. Whether this will be eligible under the Scheme?||The portion of digital payment may be allowed to be reimbursed subject to other conditions as contained in the O.M. dated 12.10.2020.|