Appointment on compassionate grounds in Postal Department: Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) & Forms
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhavan, Parliament Street
New Delhi- 110001
Dated the 24th March, 2022
1. All Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General
2. Chief General Manager. BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PU Directorate
3. Director, RAKNPA / CGM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
4. Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
5. All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
Subject: Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to be followed for giving appointment on compassionate grounds – regarding.
Madam / Sir.
It has been observed that Circle are following different procedure and modalities in processing cases of appointment on compassionate grounds. Lack or uniformity in processing such claims by different Circles has led to delay and complaint. In order to bring uniformity and improved transparency in processing applications for appointment on compassionate grounds, a need has been felt to prepare a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to handle applications received for appointment on compassionate grounds from the date of demise of Government official till appointment latter is issued. Accordingly. SOP as per Annexure broadly based on instructions issued Department of Personnel & Training vide OM No.430199/9/2019-Estt.(D) dated 23.08.2021 is sent herewith for following the same for handling of applications received for compassionate appointment.
2. Circles will circulate the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to all offices under their administrative control for dealing with requests/applications seeking appointment on compassionate grounds and ensure that . SOP is followed in letter and spirit.
Assistant Director General (SPG)
Source: Click here to view/download PDF