Timely finalization of Departmental Inquiry Proceedings -Improving Vigilance administration – CVC Circular No. 21/12/21
केन्द्रीय सतर्कता आयोग
CENTRAL VIGILANCE COMMISSION
सतर्कता भवन, जी.पी.ओ. कॉम्प्लैक्स,
ब्लॉक-ए, आई.एन.ए., नई दिल्ली-110023
Satarkta Bhawan, G.P.O. Complex,
Block A, INA, New Delhi-10023
सं. /No. ………….000/VGL/018
दिनांक / Dated ……. 03.12.2021
Circular No. 21/12/21
Subject:- Timely finalization of Departmental Inquiry Proceedings -improving vigilance administration.
Reference: – (i) Commission’s Circular No. 8(1)(g)/99(2) dated 19.02.1999
(ii) Commission’s Circular No. 8(1)(g)/99(3) dated 03.03.1999
(iii) Commission’s Circular No. 3(v)/99(7) dated 06.09.1999
(iv) Commission’s Circular No. 000/VGL/18 dated 23.05.2000
(v) Commission’s Office Order No. 51/08/2004 dated 10.08.2004
(vi) Commission’s Circular No. 02/01/2016 dated 18.01.2016
(vii) Commission’s Circular No. 18/12/20 dated 14.12.2020
(viii) Commission’s Circular No. 19/09/21 dated 06.10.2021
The Central Vigilance Commission. as part of its functions of exercising superintendence over vigilance administration of the organizations covered under its advisory jurisdiction has, time and again, laid emphasis on timely completion of disciplinary proceedings.
2. However, it has been observed that in cases where Regular Departmental Action for Major Penalty has been initiated, one of the main reasons for delay in completion of disciplinary proceedings is due to the delay caused in the inquiry proceedings being conducted by the Inquiry Officers. The Commission, vide its Circular dated 03.03.1999 had prescribed the model time limit for the Inquiry Officers for conducting departmental inquiries. The same was reiterated vide circular dated 18.01.2016. The Model time limit is again reproduced below:-
|Stage of Departmental Inquiry||Time limit prescribed|
|Within four weeks from the date of appointment of Inquiry Officer.|
3. The Commission has directed that the above time schedule should be brought to the notice of all Inquiry Officers (already appointed/to be appointed in future) for strict compliance.
4. The Commission has further directed that all the Inquiry Officers be asked to submit a monthly report to the Disciplinary Authority concerned, indicating the present status/progress of the inquiry proceedings being conducted by them. A copy of the monthly report should also be endorsed to the CVO of the organizations concerned, by the Inquiry Officer. In case, it is found that the inquiry proceedings are getting delayed beyond the prescribed time limit, the CVO concerned should immediately take up the matter with the Inquiry Officer and Disciplinary Authority concerned to ensure timely action.
5. The above instructions may be noted for strict compliance and may also be brought to the notice of all the Disciplinary Authorities and Inquiry Officers.
- The Secretaries of all Ministries/Departments of GoI
- All Chief Executives of CPSUs/Public Sector Banks/Public Sector Insurance Companies/Autonomous Bodies etc.
- All CVOs of Ministries/Departments of Gol/CPSUs/Public Sector Banks/Public Sector Insurance Companies/Autonomous Bodies etc.
- Website of CVC
Source : Click here to view/download PDF